Abandoned Puppies (Pitbull related)

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Friday a friend of mine said there were two puppies left by her door in the freezing cold weather. So, she took them into her house and I volunteered to take them until I could find them a home. I took them straight to the vet to get the flees washed off of them and give them shots. They were perfectly healthy.

From the looks of them, they are a pitbull/boxer mix. The black one looks more like a pitbull and the brown one looks more like a boxer. I talked to the head of animal rescue here, and he said that boxers are bred with pitbull's for fighting. Evidently, a boxer fights with it's front legs, and a pitbull fights with it's back ones. We assume that the breeder dumped them because they were too docile and non-aggressive. They either dump them or kill them. Glad they just dumped them.

Anyways, I still have the puppies. They are fun little dudes. I already have two dogs, so I can't keep them. I'm not the biggest fan of pits, but these guys are pretty cool dogs. It pisses me off that someone would just leave two little puppies out in the freezing weather to die. And it pisses me of knowing that there are more of these dogs being abused just to make some lowlife a few bucks. Hopefully I'll find a good home for these guys soon.

2rhmy3s.jpg

nlpzdi.jpg

xm0v86.jpg

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
man.... im moving out in a month into my buddys house and i know my buddy wants a boxer and i want a pit... this sucks this didnt happen a month later then now :(

id scoop those little guys up in heart beat, crappy timing

Last edited:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
They're in San Antonio. They're around 7 weeks old. The vet said that they should get anywhere from 40-60lbs. I've been getting them around as many people and dogs as possible so they are well socialized. They're pretty fun to have around. I wish I could keep them, but I don't have enough room for four dogs. Especially the pups which are going to get big.

bam

Established Member
That brown one looks soo much like my dog did as a puppy. The coloring is almost identical. I don't have a pic from that angle, but she's got the white throat and everything. Layla's a lil stubbier, though.
nlpzdi.jpg

n4943344_34449353_2572.jpg

Good luck finding homes for them!!

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
They do look alike. Is she a pit/boxer? How big did she get?

canibus

Established Member
i hate people. No heart whatsoever. I'm glad there's still people like you ampstang. Too bad you're not closer. Mine needs a new friend

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
man i wish you were closer the black one looks like my pit when he was a pup. He'd be jealous though. GL and i'm glad to see you took them in. I've got a huge soft spot for dogs myself. Good looking pups

bam

Established Member
They do look alike. Is she a pit/boxer? How big did she get?

Haha, no. She's dachshund/ beagle, and about 15 lbs full-grown. She's actually gotten a lot more black on her back and sides now, so the coloring is just about identical.
That's gonna be a really good-looking dog.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Haha, no. She's dachshund/ beagle, and about 15 lbs full-grown. She's actually gotten a lot more black on her back and sides now, so the coloring is just about identical.
That's gonna be a really good-looking dog.

haha. They almost could be siblings comparing the pictures.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
If anyone wants them, or knows a good home for them, PM me. I'm giving them away for free. I already bought heartworm prevention meds, flee meds, etc... and have gotten their first round of shots. Even if someone pays to ship them somehow, I won't have them shipped. I will only have someone come pick them up. The brown one is more playful and mischievous, and the black one is more chilled out and snuggly. I hope they don't get split up since they're best friends and do everything together, but that's the reality of almost all dogs anyways. I just want them to go somewhere they'll get attention and are cared for versus just being a guard dog.

The non-kill shelters around here are under puppy-quarantine because there's been a breakout of something. These are healthy, but the quarantine will be complete in about a week and a half, so if I can't find a home for them by then, I'll send them off to the shelter. I'm friends with the head of the rescue shelter here, so he can make sure they're going to a good home, but I'd rather find someone to take them myself.

Last edited:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
man i wish you were closer the black one looks like my pit when he was a pup. He'd be jealous though. GL and i'm glad to see you took them in. I've got a huge soft spot for dogs myself. Good looking pups

Yeah, the black one looks more like a pit. I've been calling him Bevo since the white mark on his chest looks like the UT longhorn symbol. The brown one is all wrinkly and looks like an old man. The wife has been calling him Mr. Wrinkles.

Last edited:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
let me talk to my buddy, if he wants it i might make the trip down for both

Sounds good. Not sure how much puppies like this go for, but since they're free, a plane ticket might or gas money would probably still be cheaper. I can put up more pictures or a video if anyone wants.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
awe...now where are these kinda little treasures when you're actually looking for one? They both look like they'd be great dogs! Kudos to ya for takin care of them.

If i lived closer, i'd be seriously interested in one...and i'm not just sayin it either.

97BlackCobra

I hope a cool owner gets them! I am looking for a nice dog, checking out the local shelters at the moment. It would feel fantastic to save a pup from death or an abusive owner.

Users who are viewing this thread