About a license suspension

kylez28

Established Member
Well I am 18 years old and not long before I turned 18 I got 2 tickets, Illegal Squeeling of Tires, and a 39 in a 25 speeding ticket. That resulted in me getting my license suspended for 30 days. Well that suspension was from mid-June until mid-July. Well here sometime within a month ago I got a 69 in a 55 ticket, so thats 3 tickets in a 12-month period. I believe the 69 in a 55 would be a 15 point ticket, and so would the 39 in a 25. So thats 30 points, then the illegal squeeling of tires was 10 points, so that's 40 points total. How long should this get my license suspended for?

By the way, I live in Illinois.

Oh and also, how hard is it to get a work permit?

Last edited:

cenwesi

Established Member
i din't know you get points for squeeling tires. I recall when i had my '97 Cobra. I was turning and squeeled my tire. A Cop on the other side of the road heard it....gave me a ticket but don't recall any points applied to it.

kylez28

Established Member
they sure as hell give you points here in illinois, and when i got pulled over for it they acted like i just killed somebody

hawkster

Established Member
What kind of work permit are you talking about. If your talking about a work permit to work because your still in high school you should be able to get one in your high school office. How are your points figured in your state hell if I had 40 points here in Ohio I would be in jail. In Ohio if your are under the age of 18 if you get 4 points = 2 speeding tickets you get an automatic 90 suspension. I think after you turn 18 you can have a total up to 12 points before you lose your license again. Points recieved after 18 drop off after 3 years. Points received under the age of 18 last only 2 years.

Last edited:

StangsN4x4S

USMC
Established Member
i had 3 tickets then got arrested for 103 in a 55 on a bike lost my liscense for 90 days still dont have it. the judge wouldnt give me a hardship liscense

lowdrag

Established Member
Well, I'd have to look it up to be absolutely sure because it's the Secretary of State's office that does the suspending etc. We usually don't get involved in that area of things.

Off the top of my head, from the newer graduated licensing system, you may be looking suspension until you turn 21. The work permit you are talking about is called a Judicial Driving Permit and will get you back and forth from work only. Get stopped any other time and it's just like being suspended. It all depends on what the judge wants to do, but you should be able to get one.

camaross0002

Established Member
I would contact a lawyer because in IL. there are no point systems. What there is for 21 or under is a 3 and lose it. I would call a lawyer and talk to them about going to court and requesting court supervision or traffic school. The judge might go easy on you but if he doesn't he can suspend your license for one year. So talk to a lawyer

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
I doubt the judge will go easy on you because you're a repeat offender, Just my opinion.

I know that in GA you have to be 21 to qualify for a "drive to work" permit sort of thing.

FordSVTFan, Friday's dinner sounds pretty good.

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
Don't worry about it, my wife drove on a suspended license for over 4 years

kylez28

Established Member
I can't do that because I live in a small town and they would be all over me, you seriously think I would lose it for a long period of time just for 2 speeding tickets and an illegal squeeling of tires?

hawkster

Established Member
I drove everyday on my 90 day suspension also. Small town can be a different story. Good luck hope all comes out well.

Users who are viewing this thread