About how many horses/torque should i be looking at?

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
Ive done a few things to the 01 already and was wondering a round about hp/tq range I would be looking at. Ill be taking it to a dyno one day (just dont have the time right now...) to see the actual numbers... but figured id see what you guys thought so far....

The mods all are in my signature.. feel free to voice your thoughts :banana:

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
Thanks for the reply man, would a CAI (even if i made one my damn self out of pvc LMAO) make any significant gains? Has anyone had any experience with doing so? (making your own) or is everyone just getting the bbk or jlt?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Are you getting it dyno tuned or just dyno'd? I agree about 280hp and similar tq with just a dyno and 300hp and similar tq with a tune.

Last edited:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have a jlt cai for an 01 (mineral gray) for sale if you want it. ;-)

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
how much are you asking for the cai? and i have thought about long tubes... but id be losing my pro chamber... again.. Every time i get long tubes i just use the h that comes with it.. i love the sound dont get me wrong.. just dont have that kind of cash at the moment...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
290/290 give or take a few

how many miles are on the car? just currious

my official guess in 291RWHP and 288RWTQ

Last edited:

po-po 5.0

Established Member
how much are you asking for the cai? and i have thought about long tubes... but id be losing my pro chamber... again.. Every time i get long tubes i just use the h that comes with it.. i love the sound dont get me wrong.. just dont have that kind of cash at the moment...

Which prochamber did MAC send you? The one that's all one piece or the one that has seperate pipes between the headers and the actual chamber.

If it's the latter, you can get MAC to send you their tubes designed to connect to longtubes. This is what I did.

shurur

Established Member
Mine made 294/285 with a Mac catback and UPR X only no tune or anything with 150k miles on it.

That's about right if the OEM cams are degreed properly...yours must be.

These are my rough guestimates for HP mods:
mod/rwhp gain/rwhp/fwhp

Base 4.6L with OEM cats 262/301
Base 4.6L with degree cams 16 278/320
UDP + damper 15 293/336
Hi Flow Cats/muffler/CAI (Filter) 13 306/351
BAMA tune 15 321/369
LT/ML Headers 10 331/380

The tune might be generous..and I'm doing 13% loss...but it's something to work from/critique.

I'd say 290-306 RWHP depending on your oem cams being properly degreed or not.

300-316 RWHP adding LT
305-321 RWHP adding March UDP + damper

315-331 adding LT and UDP+

Last edited:

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
you guys like to twist peoples arms dont you... lmao I just bought a cai due to this type of talk... and now your peer pressuring me into longtubes :p Thanks Shurur for that, gives me a lot to use :beer:

shurur

Established Member
you guys like to twist peoples arms dont you... lmao I just bought a cai due to this type of talk... and now your peer pressuring me into longtubes :p Thanks Shurur for that, gives me a lot to use :beer:

All those mods..then

106060 or 106100 comp cams will pop theses 4.6L up to 350-370 rwhp.
and the springs do not need to be replaced/upgraded with those cams!!

A PSRI or PI will get you some more hp and maybe MAF/FP/injectors with a new tune...along with ported heads in prep for a stroker 5.0L or a BB-stroker 5.3L.

It's almost down to a recipe now...thanks to the tireless posts and sharing of info from NASVT.

5L strokers are making 400 RWHP...and a 5.3L NA may make 500 RWHP if done right with a consult from NASVT.
I'm waiting for someone to do that..

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Also..As I understand it, you can do a compression check on the heads.

If 1-4 (passenger side) head is off in comparison to 5-8 (driver side) head, then cams need to be degreed.

Meaning both heads need to be degreed to TDC to get the most out of the engine...that can be done for $100 in parts and a cam degreeing kit $200-300 and your own free labor!

I'm still oem in the HP department AND my cams need to be degreed as I'm only making 300+ at the flywheel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread