? about long tubes

Angus

Established Member
blackmagicmach said:
will any long tubes pass cali somg laws or am i just pretty much up sh!ts creek?

I don't think that ANY long-tube (or mid-length) header are CARB certified, since they ALL move the cats to a new location.

MACHSELF

Established Member
No, shorties are a waste of time... No power gains....You're stuck with LT's and just save your stock stuff for smog days, or get to know someone that will smog it for you.

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
iv been hearing the since our cars are so new and good at emissions the we can smog every 10 years, is this correct or were they pulling my chain.

Fosters

Established Member
blackmagicmach said:
iv been hearing the since our cars are so new and good at emissions the we can smog every 10 years, is this correct or were they pulling my chain.

that really depends on your local laws... in arizona, i dont have to go through it for a long time, and when i do, only thing they'll do is scan the obd2 port...

nacobra

Established Member
i live in san diego and have found a place that doesnt give a shit if you have longtubes or not. so id say start asking around your local car meets or something, theyre out there.

Users who are viewing this thread