About to buy, couple q's

mikez

Established Member
Took my first ride/drive in a cobra today....HOLY S**T
car was a pulley/bassani exhaust car. everything else stock. I'm a pretty big guy 6'2" 220, after about a 10 min ride the bottom side bolsters or wings on the seats were kinda digging in. NOT bad but i knew they were there. Is there any adjustment on those? Also the stock shifter SUCKS, now i know the MGW is the one to get, but is it a noticably shorter throw and in a better position. Hell i had to lean forward to hit 3rd and 5th. Overall quite the machine.:rockon:

-mike

03cobra#116

Established Member
I did not like the way the seat pushed into my left thigh.

There are instructions somewhere on the forum detailing how to take the seat cover off and bend down the metal support.

I took the easy way out and stood on the edge of the seat (with the top down) and bounced. The seat bent down and has been comfortable ever since.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Took my first ride/drive in a cobra today....HOLY S**T
car was a pulley/bassani exhaust car. everything else stock. I'm a pretty big guy 6'2" 220, after about a 10 min ride the bottom side bolsters or wings on the seats were kinda digging in. NOT bad but i knew they were there. Is there any adjustment on those? Also the stock shifter SUCKS, now i know the MGW is the one to get, but is it a noticably shorter throw and in a better position. Hell i had to lean forward to hit 3rd and 5th. Overall quite the machine.:rockon:

-mike

Mike,

The MGW has a shorter throw and although sometimes difficult to find has several handle color choices with varying dimensions. You can also adjust each handle up, down, and side to side.

If you have not located a car yet here is the best deal on the Auto Trader at the moment. 1400 mile, all original, bone stock, 10th conv for 24,999.00.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=1027

Last edited:

mikez

Established Member
thanks for the replys fellas, much appreciated. I have been looking on autotrader at a sonic with 12,000 miles for 24,000obo and the low mile redfire for 23500 in the for sale section here. I only want a coupe and not black...lol so that car is out but what a gem.

thanks again guys
-mike

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
thanks for the replys fellas, much appreciated. I have been looking on autotrader at a sonic with 12,000 miles for 24,000obo and the low mile redfire for 23500 in the for sale section here. I only want a coupe and not black...lol so that car is out but what a gem.

thanks again guys
-mike

sonic blue FTMFW!!!

Users who are viewing this thread