about to pick up FRPP P springs... a few ?'s

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
So I just scored a set of FRPP P springs (front and rear) that are slightly used for $100 off Craigslist. Going to pick them up tomorrow or Friday. Anyways, he mentioned the use of GT500 upper strut mounts? Does anyone know if I will need these or not? I've heard of some re-using the stock ones with no issues.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Awesome, thanks! I can't wait to get these springs in. Will have pics up this weekend if the auto shop on base is open on Sunday.

SicShelby09

Banned

chuckstang

Established Member
I keep reading 2011-12 SVT track pack option upper strut mounts are needed with the FRPP P and K springs?

It couldnt hurt could it? Or would do you have to also use the FRPP dampers if you want the upgraded mounts with the springs?

Project X

Established Member
Or would do you have to also use the FRPP dampers if you want the upgraded mounts with the springs?

Yes, the 2011 (2010 too I believe) struts are different and the GT500 strut mounts will not work with the factory struts. I reused my stock ones no problems, just be careful when handling them that they don't separate.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Do them your self man. Hand tools and a rented spring compressor is all you need. And here is a write up on your car with those springs you are getting that tells you how to do them. Very easy.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Ford Racing Lowering Springs Install - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here

That's what I was planning on doing. But I can't do them if our shop isn't open on base. They get pissy when you wrench on cars in the barracks parking lot. You don't need a spring compressor either ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread