About to pull the trigger on a gt500

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
Ok so ive finally come down to a 2008 GT500 black with stripe delete, 688 miles 1 owner. Car was built on 12/13/07. Deffinatly has the pre tsb clutch/flywheel. Bumper to bumper warranty is good until 1/19/2011. Dealer Wants 38,500 and there willing to give me over 1k on my trade in OVER excellent condition for my car!! Going to fiance about 33,500. Monthly payments wont be terrible. What do you guys think?

chuckstang

Established Member
dont worry about the tsb and do not have them touch it, if yours goes out, replace with better than factory.

The forums have a way of making it seem like every single GT500 has a clutch/tranny problem, they don't !

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
thanks for all the feedback guys! gonna make the decision tonight! probably will pick it up tommorrow! payments will be 465 a month..not terrible

chuckstang

Established Member
If you have real clutch problems/tranny problems go in and tell the dealer, if they say its fine, then show them the TSB and get it done.

My car was one where it was fine but took it in anyway and now IMO it drives worse, so don't think that the post TSB stuff is all that a bag of chips.

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
Damn i just found out that my interest is gonna be 6.4% :( not terrible but i currently have 4.7%...so payments will be 490 now :(

que4dog

Established Member
I agree with chuckstang. My car was in two long stop & go New Orleans parades. Clutch continues to perform great and trans shifts excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread