? about warnings

milstang31

This question is just for pure interest.

The other day it was a nice out and I got on it a bit and was pulled over...the cop was real nice about it and gave me a warning. I was just wondering, because I dont know, does each state or do individual department set what LEO's are aloud to give warnings for or do they pretty much leave it up to the discretion of the officer. Im speaking about traffic violations only.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
This question is just for pure interest.

The other day it was a nice out and I got on it a bit and was pulled over...the cop was real nice about it and gave me a warning. I was just wondering, because I dont know, does each state or do individual department set what LEO's are aloud to give warnings for or do they pretty much leave it up to the discretion of the officer. Im speaking about traffic violations only.

Each department have a policy as to how much discretion an officer has in issuing traffic violations.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I actually had a cop pull me over to compliment my car and ask me how much I paid for it, how much horsepower it had and what I run in 1/4 LOL. He went on to tell me about his '89 GT that has a 347. This was a week after I got it. He was cool as hell.

howie8124

Established Member
I actually had a cop pull me over to compliment my car and ask me how much I paid for it, how much horsepower it had and what I run in 1/4 LOL. He went on to tell me about his '89 GT that has a 347. This was a week after I got it. He was cool as hell.

If I was a cop id be pulling over all the nice mustangs just to tell them they had a nasty car. lol

AaronK

Established Member

It just sucks when you get a cop that's a Chevy fanatic... especially when your plate says "Z06 LOL" :bored:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
For the most part, it is up to the officer. Depending on the nature..example if working a specific location for speeding,you,d better come in with a handful of citations instead of warning tickets

Users who are viewing this thread