? about wife's speeding ticket

L8R BTCH

Established Member
Well I talked to my wife yesterday (I'm deployed to Afghan) and she told me that she got pulled over for speeding 45 in 35. Long story short I told her to give the ticket clinic a call and see what they say. The fine is $200, I'm just wondering if it's worth it to call the ticket clinic and if anyone had any success with using them? Should she try to fight it in court or just pay the fine and have her take traffic school to avoid points and insurance going up. Thank you for your help ahead of time.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If they dont charge too much it might be worth talking to them to see what they offer. I dont think they can do more for you than you could on your own in Fl.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Ticket clinic huh? Sounds sketchy...but it's your money.

What do they charge for a simple speeding ticket defense?

L8R BTCH

Established Member
I just talked to the wife and she said " its $90 to file a case with them and then they go to court for you. In most cases the ticket is dismissed with no points on your license and no other fees being paid. She said if its not dismissed I'd have to pay an additional court fee which is like $30-$50." So I told her to do it and we'll see what happens... I guess it's better then paying $200...

Last edited:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I just talked to the wife and she said " its $90 to file a case with them and then they go to court for you. In most cases the ticket is dismissed with no points on your license and no other fees being paid. She said if its not dismissed I'd have to pay an additional court fee which is like $30-$50." So I told her to do it and we'll see what happens... I guess it's better then paying $200...

Simple math makes that worth a try....if it doesn't work you're still not out that much.

Good luck.

Explosive

Established Member
I've only had 1 speeding ticket. 40 in a 35 and I tried to talk it down and they would not budge. I'd have payed $500 if I could have gotten out with no points but they wernt going to budge.

davidlaeng

Established Member
Don't know about Fla., but, in NC you can ask for a prayer for judgement, which results in no points and no insurance add on. If, you have not had a moving violation in the previous 3 years. Might be worth asking an assistant DA if thet are willing to do that. Also, you need to have a copy of your driving record with you. Just throwing it out for an inexpensive fix.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep you guys updated and let you know what happens...

In Florida, these cases are heard by Traffic Hearing Officers and the person who issued the ticket prosecutes not the State Attorneys office as it is not a criminal charge.

Do not believe that the ticket clinic will get it done with no points. That is an uncommon result.

Users who are viewing this thread