ABS and Traction Control question?

Tyler06

Established Member
I have recently bought an 03 cobra, the car has 22k on it and has light mods. JLT CAI, pro chamber and stingers. This past weekend when I started the car the Abs and traction control light were on. I turned the car off and let it sit for a little and when I turned it back on the lights went off. Throughout the week I have started the car and the abs and traction control light has been on. Any idea on what is going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big dad

Established Member
I have recently bought an 03 cobra, the car has 22k on it and has light mods. JLT CAI, pro chamber and stingers. This past weekend when I started the car the Abs and traction control light were on. I turned the car off and let it sit for a little and when I turned it back on the lights went off. Throughout the week I have started the car and the abs and traction control light has been on. Any idea on what is going on?

My advice would be to have it scanned for codes first. Also check the brake fluid level.

Tyler06

Established Member
That's what I figured, I will check the brake fluid level as well.

Another question would be, on my JLT CAI the nozzle on the left side is not closed, I've been looking around and it should be closed to my knowledge, there is a small amount of air coming from it Do you think that could be throwing the code or that would only be a check engine code.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
That's what I figured, I will check the brake fluid level as well.

Another question would be, on my JLT CAI the nozzle on the left side is not closed, I've been looking around and it should be closed to my knowledge, there is a small amount of air coming from it Do you think that could be throwing the code or that would only be a check engine code.

That will definitley cause a code with un metered air coming in. Plug that thing. A small vacuum line usual goes it .

01yellercobra

Established Member
The vacuum leak won't throw an ABS code. Mine did the same thing. The ABS module ended up not communicating. I replaced the module and everything is good.

There was a guy on ebay they would rebuild the modules for about $150 I think. He might still be there.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
The vacuum leak won't throw an ABS code. Mine did the same thing. The ABS module ended up not communicating. I replaced the module and everything is good.

There was a guy on ebay they would rebuild the modules for about $150 I think. He might still be there.

Oh right. I had thought he said check engine light was on also. My bad.

Tyler06

Established Member
Okay I will look into the module, whether new or rebuilt.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Oh right. I had thought he said check engine light was on also. My bad.

That's what happens when you are supposed to be working and post in a hurry.:beer:

Okay I will look into the module, whether new or rebuilt.

If you want/need one to have rebuilt I still have my old one in a box. I can send it to you for you to have rebuilt so your car isn't down if that's what it comes to. Definitely get it scanned first though. You might get lucky and only need something like a wheel sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread