ABS help

steves04cobra

Established Member
I have to replace the right rear abs sensor and im not sure how to do it. Does anyone have any pics or diagrams of it to replace one? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Crazy1

Established Member
U sure its the right rear sensor? I ran the codes on my 04 when I had a abs light, said right rear, I replaced it, same problem, turns out the ABS controllers on tehse cars have the harness right side up and can get water in them and kill the ABS controller or at least corrode alot of the connectors. Have someone test it at the harness before you replace it

B

Black Sex

Established Member
man..if its a EBCM (electronic brake control module) thats going to be expesive. We do them at my work alot (GM dealership). most of them average between $1050-$1700 for the part. Its attached to the BPMV (brake pressure modulator valve). that the ABS distrabution block where all the hard lines come out of. Those are about another $800 if you need that too. GL with what ever it is.

evasbird

Established Member
I dont have any pics for you but unplug it from under the rear seat. Pull it truough the floor and remove it from the retainer clips. It goes over to the center of the rear axle and is held in place with a small bolt. Its pretty simple when you look at it.

Crazy1

Established Member
man..if its a EBCM (electronic brake control module) thats going to be expesive. We do them at my work alot (GM dealership). most of them average between $1050-$1700 for the part. Its attached to the BPMV (brake pressure modulator valve). that the ABS distrabution block where all the hard lines come out of. Those are about another $800 if you need that too. GL with what ever it is.

Nah, you can change just the module on these in about 5 mins, and can find them used for around $100.

It would definitly check the sensor first before replacing it, its very easy to do with a multimeter, jack car up, spin tire, watch for voltage at the connector under rear seat.

B

Crazy1

Established Member
Ohh and you will need a special wrench to remove teh ABS sensor bolt, its a star type bolt. I bought one from snap on for like 28$, but surely someone sells one cheaper.

B

Users who are viewing this thread