ABS issues with 305/45/18 555Rs

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Im about to get a set of 555Rs for the rear of my L, and I am running 295/45/18 555s up front. This might be a stupid question but I know the rear tires are slightly taller so will I run into any ABS issues? I dont think so but I wanted to ask just to double check. Also, who knows the best place to get that size 555Rs? A local place here can get em for 252 installed but says they only have 1 in stock and god knows when the other one can come in.

oilwell1415

Established Member
A tire 1/4" taller won't hurt anything, but this reminds me of a guy that brought his C5 to the shop I worked at after having another shop rotate and balance the tires. The car shut off at about 70 mph because they put the big tires on the front and the little ones on the back. At 70 the wheel speeds got out of the traction control's comfort zone and it shut him down. Funny stuff.

MN SVT GUY

Mn SVT Guy
Established Member
I run toyo's 295 on the front
and 305 NItto 555r on the back

NO ISSUES at all!
The Nitto 305 is shorter than other 305's

lightning02001

Established Member
Im about to get a set of 555Rs for the rear of my L, and I am running 295/45/18 555s up front. This might be a stupid question but I know the rear tires are slightly taller so will I run into any ABS issues? I dont think so but I wanted to ask just to double check. Also, who knows the best place to get that size 555Rs? A local place here can get em for 252 installed but says they only have 1 in stock and god knows when the other one can come in.

I ran that exact same setup at the track and never have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread