abs light ...can cold weather trigger?

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
seems like it only comes on in cold weather but I don't drive the car but once in awhile ...sometimes driving but noticed it came on at start up and I can turn car off and restart and sometimes clears it and sometimes it does not but then goes off .....I know the possibilities are numerous from bad connection to dirt etc ..just wondering if the cold weather can cause a light to trigger or if I need to get the abs sensor / module checked out and by the way the front pass side has new mod and sensor I think both had them fix before I got car cause abs light was on any help would be great and sorry if there is a thread on here already did search and came up with nothing

mrose75

Established Member
I didn't know dyno runs will trigger an ABS light. Felt like a jackass when I asked the operator about it. Don't know about cold weather. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
cold weather will NOT cause an abs lamp

you need to try and see if there are any codes and what they are. this is not something autozone/advance can do. you will need someone with a scanner that can read ABS codes.

my guess is a bad abs module. but need to see what the codes are if any first.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
I will mention this, cold mornings (by SoCal standards) would trip my Vettes ABS light when I would hit a rough part of the road. I only noticed this once in a while during the winter only.

Once I restarted the car the light was gone and that was it until another cold morning.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
There are a few long threads on Alternators. Be ready for some extensive reading with no apparent "guaranteed" solution.

I bought a "new" not remaned Ford Racing 130amp alternator. Only have a few miles, so no real longevity testing yet.

One thing that may be helpful is running a larger pulley on the alternator as there is some thought that the stock pulley is too small from the factory and overspins the alternator.

Metco sells and recommends a 3.0 pulley for the stock alternator if you are running a stock lower pulley. I put a 3.2 pulley and have had no issues. The 3.2 leaves room for me to run a 4lb lower in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread