ABS Light won't go away. ABS codes C1222 and C1805

General Bojangle

First off I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place. I have searched numerous forums and cannot find a resolution to my problem.

I have a 2003 Ford Mustang GT 5-speed manual. The ABS and Traction Control lights illuminate when going over ~45 mph. The codes show up as C1222 "Wheel speed mismatch" and C1805 "PCM and/or ABS Module mismatch". The brake pedal also pulsates when under hard braking, but is otherwise okay. This started when I replaced my wheels/tires combo. Current setup is 18x9 in front on 275/35/18 and a set of 18x10 in rear with 295/45/18 (yes I know they barely fit). The car is tuned by BAMA Performance (yes I know it's a cheap tune) for the 295/45/18 tires in the rear and other minor modifications.

I have already requested new tunes and re-tuned the car to rule out if the tunes might be an issue. I have already reset the ABS module to rule that out as well. I pulled each wheel speed sensor and cleaned of any debris as well, but the light keeps coming back on. If anyone has an experience or suggestions please let me know.

Many Thanks.

97gtconv.

Established Member
seems like the height difference between the front and rear are to much of a difference for the abs and traction control to work properly. Did the tuner put the front tire measurements in the tune?

General Bojangle

This is exactly what I think is going on. Come to think of it, No I don't think the tunes asked for front tire size. How can I fix that, new tuning company?

97gtconv.

Established Member
not entirely sure. I'd ask Bama that question. I'd be prepared to get the right size rear tires. if your brakes are pulsating like you say they are why not just pull the ABS fuse till you get situated.

General Bojangle

Thanks for the help. I just requested a new tune and added notes regarding front tire size difference. I'll go ahead and find the fuse and pull it to in the meantime. Will keep you posted if I can get it fixed with another Bama Tune.

Users who are viewing this thread