Abt 1994- 1998

jhuizar

Hi All,

Looking for some help on gathering info on 1994- 1998 CobraSVT. I will in the market looking for these years. I live in Southern CA but will to drive up to Gilroy for one. Willing to spend about 15k for one.

what are CONs for these years?
Thx
J

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Slowest, least desirable Cobra. T45 trans is finicky. You'll be constantly fielding the question "Is It a ReAl CoBrA?!", because everyone loves the hood and front end for their rat trap mustang gt.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
I had a 97 for a short time. I really liked it. Overall I think they are great cars for the money. If I was to buy this gen again it would be 96-98.

One issue I had, because of the climate here, was rusted fuel lines. Be sure to inspect the fuel system. I had to pay almost $2000 to replace mine.

shurur

Established Member
I had a 97 for a short time. I really liked it. Overall I think they are great cars for the money. If I was to buy this gen again it would be 96-98.

One issue I had, because of the climate here, was rusted fuel lines. Be sure to inspect the fuel system. I had to pay almost $2000 to replace mine.

I would have replaced it all with nylon lines and protect it with split rubber hose with a line of permatex and tie wraps.

PC12DRIVER

I’ve owned both a 94 and 97 Cobra. Both cars were okay-honestly nothing special in terms of performance. The 4.6 was very gutless down low; but sure was fun to rev. Truthfully the 94 was weak at lower rpms’s too with the stock 3.08’s. However 4.10’s really woke the car’s up, more so on the 5.0. Unfortunately many low mileage Cobra sellers are really bumping the prices up. Having to choose between the two, it’s a toss up. Although I do reminisce on the 94 a bit more.

two5r

Established Member
When your in the market let me know i have a 96 cobra which i rather sell to someone who appreciates it. The cons would be its getting harder to get parts

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread