AC control panel getting hot!

jlbush

Established Member
Well I was driving the car tonight and it was pretty cool outside, in the upper 60s and the ac control panel (not the knobs just the panel) seemed to be super hot to the touch (you could hold you finger on it, but after awhile it did start to get very hot). Didn't have the heat, ac or anything on. Decided to turn the ac on to see if it would somehow cool the panel and it didn't.

Can't say I've ever noticed it before, but it definitely feels much hotter than it should in my opinion. Did a search and can't find anything. Anyone experience this or know if this is something to be concerned about?

Thanks

jlbush

Established Member
C/D/radio cranked up real loud? Heat rises.

No it wasn't cranked up real high, but I did have it on. However, it just seems like it's too hot to be normal for just using the CD player. But I don't know :shrug: Never noticed it until yesterday.

WildFifty

Established Member
Is it concentrated on one side of the panel or is it the entire thing? i was thinking maybe one of the light bulbs inside of it could have moved somehow and could be resting on the inner plastic heating it up? :shrug:

jlbush

Established Member
Is it concentrated on one side of the panel or is it the entire thing? i was thinking maybe one of the light bulbs inside of it could have moved somehow and could be resting on the inner plastic heating it up? :shrug:

No, its like the whole panel. Don't know what's going on!

BTW got tuned a week ago..612hp/603tq @ 18psi and torco on a Mustang dyno. Hit 602 I believe with just a 93 tune. Car feels strong, but need tires BAD!

Hope your car is running good! :beer:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I'm assuming that you had the gauge lighting on here... I noticed this in my old 94 ft after long drives with the dimmer turned all the way up. Now, I usually keep it around 75% of the max brightness.

Users who are viewing this thread