AC Delete... car won't start

slow_rider

Established Member
I just removed the AC compressor and installed the Ford Racing AC delete pully. Now the car won't start. There were 2 plugs that connected to the compressor. Do I need to bypass one of these plugs somehow?

Any ideas.....

mr_Ginzo

Established Member
what do you mean won't start, whats it doing? turning but not firing ect...?

slow_rider

Established Member
Originally posted by mr_Ginzo
what do you mean won't start, whats it doing? turning but not firing ect...?

It was turning but not firing. Turns out one of the two plugs had nothing to do with the AC but was right against the compressor so I thought it needed unplugged:bash: I figured this out upon further investigation of the compressor only had one plug on it :kaboom:

It is running great now except for the check engine light but I am not worried about that. Not sure if it came on cause of the delete or not but I am just glad the car is running....

KooK

Established Member
You shouldn't be getting a check engine light by removing your A/C. Maybe it was because of the other plug (I'm getting crank angle sensor) you undid and turned it over. I'd unplug the battery for about 15 minutes, let everything reset and start the car up again, if the light comes on again I'd have somebody pull the code.

Good choice on removing the A/C though! Its just dead weight that people can live without... Unless you live in arizona or something, then your crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread