AC-RC question

steves04cobra

Established Member
So I contacted my branch manager and was told it was time to come off the line. I was told that a bunch of AC-RC slots would be open by the time I PSC. The thing is I know nothing about AC-RC, does any one have any experiance? Thanks in advance

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Yes, I was able to find that they are kind of like an OC/TM for them before deployments.

It depends on the capacity. OCT can be limited to only around a month long or less whereas AC-RC will be a 3 year PCS typically. It ultimately depends on what your assignment/position is.

As far as working in the Reserves...it's different. I'm AGR and I love my job, but you have to put up with a lot of stuff that wouldn't fly in the AC such as failed APFTs and people just not showing up.

However, you can also make a much bigger impact.

steves04cobra

Established Member
From the sounds of it I wouldn't actually be in a Reserve or NG unit, would only be attached to them while they train up for a deployment so wouldn't have to deal with the soldiers.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I was AC RC for 3 years, was programmed for a fourth. I would reconsider. I actually volunteered to go to Iraq just to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread