AC vents TSB = Trip to body shop

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Sorry, had to vent and get some sympathy except I'm sure I will be bashed for taking my "baby" to the dealer for service :bash:

I waited around the shop as they performed the TSB for the rattling ac vents and then the service manager came over and said, "I've got some bad news......" I actually know this guy pretty well and thought he was kidding but he continued, "The tech came and talked to me about your car and he was white as a ghost! He pulled your cobra into the bay and hit a floor jack!:cuss: " I couldn't believe it... oh wait maybe I could..... The floor jack hit the molding just behind the passenger side wheel and continued down the molding under the door, popping it out of place. :fm: Anyway.... It's in the shop being fixed today on their dime of course. I just pray nothing else happens while they fix it!

Once again I learned.... NEVER take the car into the dealer unless you absolutely have to.... I should have done the TSB myself!

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
That sucks man... Give them hell about it, and try to get something out of this for the time you will be without.... That, and closely inspect the "repair" work... make sure they don't half ass it on you and just try to cover it up or something....

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Sorry to hear that... If it makes you feel any better Hurricane Jeanne screwed up my entire paint job. Looks like a little kid took shots at it with a bb gun.

2K4 SVT

Established Member
cobra03fla

NOOOO that doesn't make me feel better! That is horrible. What color is your stang? I do feel lucky it was confined to the lower molding below the door. No metal surface was touched! What are your plans? Going to repaint or anything?

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Im just going to deal with it for now. In the near future I will get a really good paint job done. Its Oxford white verrry thin paint.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I think the Oxford White and Sonic Blue and Sreaming Yellow were put on thinner then the other colors!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread