Accidentally locked my Craftsman Tool Box

robs400

Established Member
I was in the middle of moving to my new house this weekend and was in too much of a rush. I went to grab the top section of my toolbox which has a flip up lid on it, and just closed it without thinking much about it so that I could put it in the truck. I unloaded when I arrived at my new place and realized that I had successfully locked all the drawers and am lead to believe that the keys are inside of it...I know I know.

Anyone know of a way to unlock it? Are the keys generic?

bullitt5177

I Eat Rice
Established Member
There's a number on the lock. Just get keys of the same number from Sears. I've unlocked in store boxes with my keys before.:eek:

canibus

Established Member
There's a number on the lock. Just get keys of the same number from Sears. I've unlocked in store boxes with my keys before.:eek:

if you can fit something in there you can open it. you don't need to know how to pick a lock. just some patience and a lot of figitting around. it's worked for me before

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
if you can fit something in there you can open it. you don't need to know how to pick a lock. just some patience and a lot of figitting around. it's worked for me before

+1 it's a 5 cent lock, not Fort Knox. I got in my fire proof safe with a flathead and broken peice of a wire coat hanger.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
If at first you don't succeed......get a bigger hammer.

If your hammer is locked in there as well then you should probably take some advice that was already given. :thumbsup:

AllAccessLock

Ur Licensed SVT Locksmith
Established Member
put it in the truck and take it to a locksmith, i would think for 5 bucks he'd open it for you, with a set of picks it literally takes 3 seconds to pick a simple cam lock like fire rated safes, tool boxes, key boxes, file cabinets etc..

OR if you have any spring stock, you can pick it with it, you can buy it from autozone I'm sure
Give me the #'s on the lock and I'll cut you some keys and mail them to you if all else fails.

Or go buy the spring stock, call me, and I'll walk you through picking it open, shouldn't take but a minute or two, hell I'll mail you the picks to do it if you want for shipping

AllAccessLock

Established Member
^ it's a cam lock, not a padlock, you can't cut a cam lock, it'd be like telling him to cut his front door lock to get in

do not cut, drill, hammer the lock, it's too simple to pick it

AllAccessLock

Established Member
the locks on craftsman tool boxes are not tubular locks, they're wafer cam locks
that youtube video is like apples & oranges to what he has

If i was youtube savvy I would show the exact lock and how to pick it, you all would be amazed if you already didn't know how little security those little locks give

canibus

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXDpvPG7hGo"]YouTube - Wafer Lock[/ame]

find something that roughly resemble those picks and it should pop right out

Users who are viewing this thread