accufab for whipple or stock tb for whipple

03yellowconv

1fstcbra
Established Member
Hey guys i have the 2.3 whipple and got it a year ago with the stock opening and now i regret not getting the accufab.Is it worth it to change the blower inlet and put on an accufab and how much gain are we talking about since im at 17psi now and have the jlt big air kit.My friends say i created a bottleneck with the stock tb.Please chime in guys

GodStang

Established Member
Not sure if it is that easy to just swap out inlets. You may have to replace the whole blower.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
you should be fine and might only be losing 10-15hp at most and thats pushing it ... i didnt gain anymore than 5 from stock to accufab on the eaton so cant be much more with the kb/whipple... stock is twin 57mm and the accufab i think is 100mm or 110mm either way there about the same size just one is open in the middle.... i ported my stock one at home and turned out pretty good, im sure u can do the same and help it out some anyways.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Go for the single blade inlet on the whipple. The throttle response is much better than stock. I have had ZERO issues with my accufab. If you get the stock throttle body inlet on the whipple and want to upgrade latter, the single blade inlet is $700 from whipple. It's very expensive.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Go for the single blade inlet on the whipple. The throttle response is much better than stock. I have had ZERO issues with my accufab. If you get the stock throttle body inlet on the whipple and want to upgrade latter, the single blade inlet is $700 from whipple. It's very expensive.
Wow Tony, I didn't even know you could swap the inlet on the Whipples.

But, IMO, single blade all the way. The ported stockers are very nice and all, but I feel you need the extra CFM of a single blade when running a twin screw or a high horsepower Eaton. I got 2 MPH in the 1/4 mile from the addition of an Accufab.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
singleblade is definently best for twin screw.

i would get a billetflow though. they're being made right now, and you can get them for $20 less than the accufab and is much better.

i just ordered mine, and i ordered a black with WHIPPLE ingraved on it. should look nice.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
singleblade is definently best for twin screw.

i would get a billetflow though. they're being made right now, and you can get them for $20 less than the accufab and is much better.

i just ordered mine, and i ordered a black with WHIPPLE ingraved on it. should look nice.
Cory, right now there's some idling issues w/ the new Billetflow TB's, but I'm sure Doug will take care of it. The Accufab also has been known to have a driveability issue or two, but they've proven themself well with the right foot planted on the floor board.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
yeah dwight when i had the blue cobra first thing i did after exhaust intake, and shifter was accufab TB, and plenum. the thing rocked. then i did my KB, kept the accufab, then needcobra did the hellion, and i bought his BF... OMG what a difference.

yeah they said my TB was a week out becuase they're making changes, so i guess thats the changes

all i can say though is as much of a difference my accufab made over my stock, my billetflow made that much more of a difference. truely a peice of art. dougs the man.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Wow Tony, I didn't even know you could swap the inlet on the Whipples.

But, IMO, single blade all the way. The ported stockers are very nice and all, but I feel you need the extra CFM of a single blade when running a twin screw or a high horsepower Eaton. I got 2 MPH in the 1/4 mile from the addition of an Accufab.

Yeah I found this out over on Modularfords on the whipple tech forum. PMed Dustin@whipple asking if I bought the stock twin blade whipple, how much would it cost me down the road if I wanted to upgrade. He said $700 for a new inlet so I bought the single blade. It can be swapped out. Just a few large allen bolts around the base of the inlet. It would most def require removal of the whole supercharger, no room at all on the back of a whipple.

Last edited:

03yellowconv

1fstcbra
Established Member
thanx guys ill just port the stocker and polish it.any idea on who can do it? and how much more can i gain in cfm with the stocker?whipple quoted me 600 to change the inlet and between both im looking at a grand. id rather get headers.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Another option is the BBK twin blade. They are twin 65mm openings. I am running that on a stage 4 eaton and hand ported plenum. It is not as popular but I have had mine for 3 years w/ no issues. I also bought it used off of Ebay for $200 and dropped 2/10 in the quarter. I am sure with a little handiwork around the opening of the blower inlet this would work perfectly for you.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have been noticing about a 25-35 hp difference between Whipples with Single blades and ported Stock TB's. once you get above 17 psi. Dustin Whipple also told me that I would be crazy not to go with a oval port TB if I planned on more than 13 PSI. Also, The inlets are about $699.00 I believe, and as far as I know there is no exchange program.

-Jeff

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Cory, right now there's some idling issues w/ the new Billetflow TB's, but I'm sure Doug will take care of it. The Accufab also has been known to have a driveability issue or two, but they've proven themself well with the right foot planted on the floor board.

Dwight,

What issues are those? I installed mine the other day and as long as you set the throttle stop and TPS, there shouldnt be any problems. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Last edited:

fastjesse

Established Member
Why could'nt you just port the stock style Whipple inlet to accept the Oval throttle body?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member

Were the old Billetflow TB's prone to the idling issues as well??

black 10th vert

Established Member
Why could'nt you just port the stock style Whipple inlet to accept the Oval throttle body?

I agree, just take the inlet off, and bring it to a machine shop to mill the opening into an oval to match whatever TB you buy. There is no way I'd spend $700 for just the plenum!:bs:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Tom, have heard of several fellas with "hanging" idles of 1,000+ rpm's that can be cured with a blip of the throttle......Here's a thread discussing it:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94417

mine hangs SOMETIMES, and yes blipping the throttle works. however, i am about to install a spring on it to make sure it completely closes. when it closes , idle is great, otherwise idle can hang at 1000 - 1200 rpms.

shes a fickle bitch

Users who are viewing this thread