Accufab or Billetflow TB

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
If you ever get a chance to see the two units side by side there is a differance! I was very impressed by the Billitflow Quality as I am a machinist by trade. I went to Billitflow to purchase the complete pulley set up. I left there with the throttle body and plenum also.
I also was able to overlook the complete design of both unit. I think the accufab is based on the cobra R design. Maybe a bit to much as the linkage is not properly aligned with the factory units tolerances and ports. The Billetflow is also a improvment on the cobra R t/b with the added feature of having proper linkage and port matching. And for the people who say that a t/b and plenum don't make a differance. It will and has proven itself already on the dyno. And who wouldn't want faster throttle response as a added mod?
JP :burnout:

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Sorry, guess this thread won't be used to move more BilletFlow units for a change :rollseyes

Do you have a problem with me?

Why not be a man and come right out and say it?:smmon:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
Do you have a problem with me?

Why not be a man and come right out and say it?:smmon:

Something about dropping $600 on your TB when they came out, having the idle WAY off the charts, sending it back, waiting for it to get back then just chucking it since it should have worked right the first time?

Oh yeah, and the early idler pullies that had the bearing problems.

Why wasn't everything just made right to begin with rather than later advertise that the parts were "updated" parts? :shrug:

dougwg

Established Member
and now that the AF's are having high idle... and all he does is say ... it's cuz you got a small pulley on .... give me a break!

and what about them not using loc washers on the screws that hold the TB to the plenum.... must be nice to have your TB fall off your $35,000.00 car!

oh and sticking at WOT... OH MY GOD!

did we refund your money?

so we had a couple problems.... we got over them...and made our product Better!

We recalled all our pulleys and fixed them.... will AF do the same with their product... or will they say "you have a high idle because you have a smaller pulley then stock"

What have the other manufacturers done?....NOTHING that what!

I guess your perfect.

Last edited:

CGoeschel

Established Member
dougwg....in all seriousness, how much hp can I expect to get from the throttle body/plenum mod with just my Steeda CAI and Borla catback?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
and now that the AF's are having high idle... and all he does is say ... it's cuz you got a small pulley on .... give me a break!

oh and sticking at WOT... OH MY GOD!

did we refund your money?

so we had a couple problems.... we got over them...and made our product Better!

What have the other manufacturers done?....NOTHING that what!

I guess your perfect.

Well I never had to deal with Accufab with any issues so I can't commen on that. Out of the box its been fine. The BF I did not want to deal with even after it went back for a "fixin". I just sold it locally.

I never said I was perfect. But I also don't manufacture anything so I can only speak from a consumer standpoint.

First impressions mean a lot.

dougwg

Established Member
and how a company stands behind their product and make things right means alot too

even with the problems that we have had.... did I run away and hind.... no

did you even ask for a refund?... maybe you should have:dw:

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
and how a company stands behind their product and make things right means alot too

even with the problems that we have had.... did I run away and hind.... no

did you even ask for a refund?... maybe you should have:dw:

Normally I would have asked for a refund, but the more convenient thing for me was when I came up with an opportunity to unload it quickly. Thats all :beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
and is the person you sold it to like it?

Never heard from him but I only spoke with him to complete the transaction :beer:

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
I have the accufab polished oval TB sitting in the box going on with the kenne bell. My tuner said to not install it until the car is tuned since they tend to make the cars run lean. I would say to at least get the air fuel checked if you go with this mod.

ALA G8R

Banned
I bought the Accufab because I got a good deal on a "near new" polished set. Cruise control linkage is a little off on these units. The only effect is that care must be taken when initially engaging cruise to avoid a surge. Other than that cruise works fine. I estimate that it bought me about 10RWHP. Improved throttle response is fun.

I have not heard of anyone losing throttle blade screws on the Accufab, but I will be checking mine this weekend.
Engine%20Bay%202.JPG

dougwg

Established Member
03 DSG Snake

Just to be safe pull the TB and crimp the threads on the back side of the blade...

Also put loc washers on the screws that hold the TB to the plenum

2 very simple things to do that could save a lot of hassle later on

I have known about this for many months...and I have said nothing for 2 reasons

1) Because people would say that I was bashing ... when in fact I am looking out for you guys....

2) I was hoping they would fix the problem… but they have not.

If you notice I don't say “its junk, get rid of it and buy mine"

I say keep it, run it, love it! But at the same time, fix the potentially serious problem.

As far as the throttle lever and cam design…. well…. it’s just wrong! plain and simple.

AF duplicated the lever and cam geometry of the FRPP TB that goes on the 00 Cobra R, NOT the 03-04 Cobra.

Here is where I prove my honesty

We too duplicated the wrong lever and cam, but this issue was resolved very early (12/02) with a new cam and lever that was duplicated directly from the OE TB.

I am a toolmaker. The first thing I learned is everyone F’s up sometimes. The sign of a good toolmaker is not IF he F’s up but rather, did he learn from his mistake, fix it and move on.

The problem here is that WE are honest and up front with our customers and fix issues that we run into… therefore you will see me address issues right out in the open for everyone to see.

While our competitors just hide, deny, and straight out lie to their customers!

03 DSG Snake

“Why wasn't everything just made right to begin with rather than later advertise that the parts were "updated" parts?”

Ford messed up too.. the tick, clunk, seat rubbing, the stall… Blah Blah Blah…

Do you speak out against Ford as heatedly as you do me?:??:

Doug
BilletFlow

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
It is no secret that Doug is a good friend of mine and many others on this board. But having said that...the only reason Doug is a good friend is because he has integrity and a moral compass. I have witnessed him go well out if his way to help people he knows...and does not know...all in the name of good character and no-strings attached assistance.

We all know that no product is perfect 100% of the time...but if there is room for perfection and customer satisfaction...Doug and BilletFlow strive to achieve it.

And NO...THIS IS NOT A PAID ENDORSMENT!:-D

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I went with the BilletFlow and am very satisfied. I THOUGHT I had a problem with it not lining up with the TPS causing the SES light. I called him an i tried everything he told me but to no avail. Finally i got a new TPS and BOOM: problem solved. How often can you talk o the guy who built the product?

Also he assembled a pully installer picture for my friend and I while we were doing the mod because we lost the directions.

Users who are viewing this thread