Accufab throttle body - install question

98ssssvt

Established Member
:burn:
I'm planning on buying that Accufab S/B throttle body, But because our intake manifolds were initially designed for the dual 56mm t/bs, I heard that you have to modify the manifold itself by removing the bridge ( that seperates the two ovals )in between for correct airflow or otherwise you will experience a power loss, etc. Well anyways, my question is - are any of u guys using the accufab and is this true.
I hope this makes some sense.

I just want to know what im getting myself into, before I actually buy it. Its around $ 400.
I could just contact Accufab - but I rather get someone elses opinion over here first.

Thanks for the help

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
If you don't remove the bridge between to holes the single blad butterfly won't be able to open all the way. It will get stopped before it can even open half throttle. A single blade TB might not be your best mod on a almost stock car. It's one of those things that adds only a little at best on a stock car, but compliments other mods well once you start making good HP.

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
The answer to your question is Yes. You have to cut out the center divider; it's pretty simple.

Agreed though that unless you've got a power adder it probably wouldn't be the best money spent at this time.

98ssssvt

Established Member
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies,

In this case I wil try to spend the money somewhere else for now,
although I want to slap in a blower ( and eventually will ) , The problem is that Chicago's climate is f@%$@ up, thus it would definately mean getting a another car for the winter,. Im hoping that sometime in March I will make the upgrade and then have more time to worry for the upcoming season.

Just out of curiosity , are any of you guys that are running s/c using it as a dd, if yes how's the feel ( personally, i never drove one - but could only imagine the power ) or are you fortunate enough to own a second car.

:D

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Don't waste your time on a Accufab T/B unless you DO have a power adder. You won't see impressive gains with a stock or near stock set up

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
i did the cutting out but saw pretty much no gain, but i did get better throttle response, so not a total loss.

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
Originally posted by 98ssssvt
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies,

In this case I wil try to spend the money somewhere else for now,
although I want to slap in a blower ( and eventually will ) , The problem is that Chicago's climate is f@%$@ up, thus it would definately mean getting a another car for the winter,. Im hoping that sometime in March I will make the upgrade and then have more time to worry for the upcoming season.

Just out of curiosity , are any of you guys that are running s/c using it as a dd, if yes how's the feel ( personally, i never drove one - but could only imagine the power ) or are you fortunate enough to own a second car.

:D

Mine's not a daily driver. I own a 2000 F150 that does all the daily work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread