Accumulator mod

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Well I had the chance too pick up a Factory_Tech modded accumulator for my 01 tranny. I was a little reluctant because I also have a chip. My chip was not to aggressive with the tranny so I thought what the heck I'll try both. All I have to say is that the chip/accumulator combo ROCKS! I thought I might have to pull the chip and have it set to a stock tranny function but so far I love the way the L shifts. Part throttle is not too harsh but when you drop the hammer the trans shifts awesome. It now actually chirps second hard under full throttle. I put my B&M pan on with a new filter. If you can turn a ratchet then you can do this change out. Thanks Gregg for taking the time and effort to make this availiable for L guys/gals .........Jeff

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Jeff - It's good to hear you're happy with the mod. I've got the JDM valve that I'm going to put in at some point. It just needs to cool off some so I can get started on my L agian. :D

Smok'n L

Established Member
I got my JDM valve mod and love every bit of it. The only problem I got is I find myself driving much faster just to hear that 2nd gear break out:D My buddy says its quite intimidating... a 5000lb automatic truck getting rubber in second gear as easily as it does:scream: :scream:
Later
Smok'n L

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I just got the Accumulator valve and it definitely improved the shifts! I was expecting a chirp on the 1-2 shift, but that doesn't happen. Just a nice,firm,quick shift. I do like it. Guess someday, after my warranty gets a little closer to expiring(4 more years!), I'll have to get a chip so I too can chirp 2nd gear!

Flintstone

Established Member
HAMMRHEAD
get that 13.36 with out a chip way to go

going to wait till cool temp. see what i can get with01L with out a chip
dan

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by Flintstone
HAMMRHEAD
get that 13.36 with out a chip way to go

going to wait till cool temp. see what i can get with01L with out a chip
dan

Yup! Just a K&N and a set of Magnaflow mufflers, but it was friggin' cold that night. Temps in the 30's!

Users who are viewing this thread