ACE Clutch?

got_h8rs?

Established Member
Darryl is off all week so I am dealing with Stephanie at Ace, I need a clutch for the car and being in Michigan there are very few days that its nice out so I would like to drive the car as soon as I can get a clutch in. My question is to the guys running the twin powercore clutch can you really just install and go racing that night? Is there any type of break in period? I don't plan on taking the car to the track much just need something to have some fun on the streets with.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
From what I heard, you don't need a break in with their clutch, but don't quote me on that. I just got my car back on Saturday with the Ace Twin disc clutch in it, and so far I love it! Extremely easy to drive in traffic, take off is just as smooth as stock and pedal feel is softer than stock. I'll do a full write up once I have more seat time with it, but so far I love it.

got_h8rs?

Established Member
From what I heard, you don't need a break in with their clutch, but don't quote me on that. I just got my car back on Saturday with the Ace Twin disc clutch in it, and so far I love it! Extremely easy to drive in traffic, take off is just as smooth as stock and pedal feel is softer than stock. I'll do a full write up once I have more seat time with it, but so far I love it.

Have you got into it yet? Did the shop mention ease of install? Did ace have the clutch instock if not how long did it take to receive the clutch?

Thanks again

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Have you got into it yet? Did the shop mention ease of install? Did ace have the clutch instock if not how long did it take to receive the clutch?

Thanks again

Not yet, I can't until they do the crank relearn, which is Thursday. Ace didn't have the clutch in stock, it took about 3 weeks to come. They said everything went without a hitch on the install, I'll ask them for more details on the install on Thursday when they do the crank relearn

got_h8rs?

Established Member
Not yet, I can't until they do the crank relearn, which is Thursday. Ace didn't have the clutch in stock, it took about 3 weeks to come. They said everything went without a hitch on the install, I'll ask them for more details on the install on Thursday when they do the crank relearn

Sounds good, I just ordered the clutch from Shelby (same exact clutch just a fancy cover) its in stock and will be here tomorrow, clutch will go in tomorrow or Wednesday im excited to get it bolted in!!

paluka21

Established Member

School me. Why the need for a crank re-learn?

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
Installer said it was necessary when you resurface the flywheel. He did it on my McLeod clutch install.

Ablaze

Established Member

Looking forward to your write up and how the chatter is at low rpms.

Users who are viewing this thread