AceCombat 7 Fighter pilot game(Xb1/PS4/PC)

mustangbee

Established Member
Good grief, the PSVR mode is blowing my mind. Feels like an amusement park ride in my house. Looks incredible. You literally feel like you're inside a plane. Sense of speed, scale, and presence inside the world is insane.

The normal game is fun, but it feels like the same thing I've been doing for 20 years, staring at a flat TV screen. VR really takes it to another level that I didn't think was possible. Mind blown.

blk02edge

Established Member
Is there any sense of realism with flight controls or is it super arcade like? I like flight sims but not interested in a 2k computer to run one

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Is there any sense of realism with flight controls or is it super arcade like? I like flight sims but not interested in a 2k computer to run one

You got normal which doesn't cause rolling or any rudder controls, just a simplistic turn left, right up, down and that is about it. The Veteran has basically all the aircraft controls including rudder through the L2 and R2 buttons.

But fair warning get close to canyons, valley's and mountains or even around high clouds and this game has wind shear that will send you right into the side of a rocky ledge. Yes I lost count how many times this has happen to me in this game.

Kiohtee

Established Member
AC7 doesn't release until the 31st for the PC Master Race, so I'll have to wait until then. Haha

Is there a free play mode where you can just fly anything you want for shits and giggles?

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
After you unlock it (buy the aircraft) yes and once the campaign is complete you have two options where you can replay the missions how many times you want, or there is a free mode where the whole map is open up but with no other enemies or allies in it. I like the later as I can then find places where I can either try to drag enemies away from a bunch of anti air ground units or a different direction at objectives in a later play through.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Biggest review complaint I’ve seen is the large gaps in checkpoints.

Although we never even had those in old school PC flight sims.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I miss the Jane's series of flight sims. Was a lot of fun. Would like to see a modern version of Strike Commander as well.

When it gets launched on steam, Ill buy it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread