Add a 2012 GT500 to the hood problem list.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I dont think I have seen any 2012 GT500's with the hood corrosion problem. At least I cant find any. Mine has the problem. A few weeks ago there was no bubbles but now its spreading FAST onto the top of the hood. I dont think I will go for a repair. I want a new damn hood. Here is a pic of the spot thats growing rapidly. Its on the drivers side front edge of the hood. Right by the headlight.

480582_4287164412363_1746633461_n.jpg

Last edited:

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
My GT has the same problem. It's pretty damn bad

Im wondering if I should just let it get so bad they would have to replace the hood or just have it fixed now. Kinda sucks ass to have a new car thats only 6 months old with a fubar hood. Its not easy to see since its white but damn.....:fm:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There was a TSB that addressed this issue, 06-25-15 (which superseded 04-25-1), for earlier Ford vehicles including the Mustang. I can't find a current one but it couldn't hurt to familiarize yourself with it as well as printing it out if you visit your dealer.

Tob

NuclearPower

Established Member
I thought the 2010+ GT500 hoods were a plastic hood? Coulda swore I read that somewhere...:read:

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
There was a TSB that addressed this issue, 06-25-15 (which superseded 04-25-1), for earlier Ford vehicles including the Mustang. I can't find a current one but it couldn't hurt to familiarize yourself with it as well as printing it out if you visit your dealer.

Tob

Yep, Im going to print it out. I dont think it includes the 2011-2013's but it is the same problem.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
No, it doesn't include later model years but it looks to indeed be the same issue. Good luck!

Lowest_Frequenc

Established Member
Had this on mine as well. Dealer I bought it used from completed the TSB the week before I flew in to get it. Mine was white as well. It was WAYYY worse than that... not sure why. Mostly underneath the hood and under the heat protection layer. Started creeping out onto the top though....

denman

Established Member
I have a little bit of a cruddy spot on the edge of the hood of my '12. I figured it was just a paint flaw, now I'm wondering.

It's smaller than in your pic, though

Users who are viewing this thread