Added a 97 vert to the stable

Top Fuel Friday

Dang!
Established Member
Since I sold my 01 I've been mising having a cobra in the garage, and with a recent move to Florida I thought a vert would be nice. I found a local guy with a 97 Pacific Green cobra with 50K miles, all stock earlier this week and took it off his hands.

Swapped in a MGW shifter today (1,000 x better than stock), K&N filter, and had the local dealership do a full service on the car to get the service up to date.

Future plans are light, trying to keep it a nice cruiser
cobra grill emblem in the mail
MM Full length sub frames (I think a must for the verts)
98 console swap (I want cup holders)
X pipe
IRS swap (loved the IRS in my 01)
Lowering Springs
COP conversion
Maybe some saleen wheels

Pics
DSC_5236.JPG

DSC_5238.JPG

DSC_5243.JPG

DSC_5248.JPG

DSC_5218.JPG

01616_7qaEUNrICTd_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Awesome car man, sounds like you have a good plan figured out.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Gorgeous car. Probably my favorite color combo on the verts. Sounds like your plans are pretty similar to mine! I got my console from MPS Auto Salvage. The price was decent (about $180), and it was in mint condition, save for the latch, which is easy enough to source.

Last edited:

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Looks like a very nice car, mine had 46k a few years ago when I got it, now has over 51k. I would like to see that thing lowered with those wheels still on it, though saleens look great too, I have chrome saleens on right now. I would not get too excited over the 98 console, I've had it and it's awful IMO due to the cupholders being shallow and conflicting with the space used when shifting. I wonder if anyone changed an 03-04 mustang console (nicer cupholders) to the correct tan color for your interior, many have been done in black but blacks probably easier to match.

Users who are viewing this thread