Adding a rear center seatbelt ??????

FamilyMan

Established Member
With the 3 small kids we have 5 in the family. Now I don't expect to motoring around with 3 small kids in the back much, but in an emergency it would be nice to have a lap belt in the center rear. My kids are 5, 5, and 9 years old so they should fit size wise.

As anyone heard of or even done this? Or am I nuts? I know liability is an issue, but I wonder if this is even possible.

Thanks much!

StreetSnake

Established Member
I dont see a major problem installing a belt in the ctr. You might even be able to use the hold downs from the other seatbelts to install them. meaning double up on 2 of them

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Family man, let me know if you do put in an extra seat belt and if it works. I too have 3 utes.

SL 1993 R

Established Member
My SVO had 3 seatbelts across the rear seat.. I believe the center one shared the mounting points for the insides of the outside two. This is probably an easy upgrade.. just make sure the mounting bolt attaches to the body with a good number of threads thru or into the bolt hole..

also,, Don't double up... spend the couple extra dollars for a seatbelt that will work,,, remember they're called accidents, because we don't plan for them to happen...

Users who are viewing this thread