Adding V-Band Flange Long Tubes

BlownPony306

Established Member
Is there an easy way to add a v-band flange to a set of slip fit longtubes without pulling them to weld it? I want to change to a JBA X and want to use their v-band unit.

PM-Performance

Established Member
I'm sure it can be done, but I doubt anyone is gonna do that on the car just due to difficulty level. Top part of the welds may not be pretty either.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I've actually really wanted to do this as well, but I'd want to do V-bands from the headers to the H pipe and from the H pipe to the mid pipes, just not sure how hard it is to do.

PM-Performance

Established Member
I've actually really wanted to do this as well, but I'd want to do V-bands from the headers to the H pipe and from the H pipe to the mid pipes, just not sure how hard it is to do.
For a welder. . . . not hard at all. For a non welder, well pretty hard. lol.
Vbands are pretty nice. I used to run them back in the day on everything. As long as you line them up right, they are pretty great.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
For a welder. . . . not hard at all. For a non welder, well pretty hard. lol.
Vbands are pretty nice. I used to run them back in the day on everything. As long as you line them up right, they are pretty great.
They would have to be tig welded since the headers are aluminum, and I would think they could be done on the car, I just wounder how much it would all cost.

PM-Performance

Established Member
They would have to be tig welded since the headers are aluminum, and I would think they could be done on the car, I just wounder how much it would all cost.
even if they weren't I would not consider anything other than tig. Mig is what you get at a podunk muffler shop. Tig is what you get from a real fabricator.
They will mock it up and tack on the car, but I doubt you will find many willing to do the whole job on the car because they wont be able to see the top welds. Im sure you can find someone though, but they will advise taking the headers down.

Users who are viewing this thread