Adios 2004!

Chameleon

Established Member
I am feeling some what retrospective this morning. While reading threads on this site I started thinking about 2004 from strickly a car perspective. In January 2004 I purchased my Terminator. After driving a Z06 (and not particularily liking it), I set my heart on a Viper GTS. After driving a GTS I determined that it was not the right car for me either. So then (knowing nothing about the blue oval) I started researching Saleens. While talking to a Saleen owner he suggested that I look into the 03/04 Cobra. He said that if he was in the market for a new car that he would purchase a Terminator over a Saleen. So I once again changed direction and researched the Terminators. To end this long story, in January, 2004, I purchased my Cobra.

What a great decision this was. Since I purchased my Cobra I have created a website dedicated to the Mystichromes, logged onto and read this site almost every day (sometimes more than once per day), participated in two Cobra events (Beach to Bush 2, and Rose Bowl 2), helped a friend buy an 03 Cobra, and enjoyed the heck out of my car.

But that's not the purpose of my post, lol. I am not a huge poster because I am very new to the Blue Oval and these high tech cars. My philosophy has been: Better to not post very much and have people suspect I'm stupid than to post something idiotic and confirm it, lol.

The purpose of the post is to say Thank You.

Moderators and Site Owners:
Thank you for your time and dedication to making this site happen. I have spent countless hours here learning and laughing. What a great asset this site is.

Members of the site:
Same goes, Thank You for all of the great posts. The wealth of knowledge here is staggering. I think I learn something every time I log on. I read most of the forums and although I don't always agree with opinions in Smackdown it is refreshing to be exposed to different points of view.

Event Organizers and Participants:
Lets keep them going. What a great thing is was to drive along PCH in both events with so many Cobras.

Vendors:
Thanks for all the great after market parts and tech support. You help make our cars even more fun!

And as I say Adios to 2004 I look forward to 2005 with greedy anticipation of the fun things that will happen as a result of being in the SVT family.

Stay safe tonight people, Have a great New Years Eve. I look forward to hearing from you in 2005!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Good post :thumbsup:
I have a question though, what made the Cobra the right choice over the other cars you mention?

Chameleon

Established Member
MassCobra said:
Good post :thumbsup:
I have a question though, what made the Cobra the right choice over the other cars you mention?

Steve, for me this car is a daily driver. Granted I don't drive much because I have an office in my home, but it is a driver. So comfort was a huge issue. The Z06 and Viper were (IMHO) much harsher riding. I liked the performance, comfort, and back seat and trunk that the Cobra has. Plus the "bank for your buck" that the Cobra offered just seemed to seal the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread