ADT Pulse app stopped working

03 VENOM

Established Member
Can any of you guys help me out?
I have ADT home security. My power went out yesterday for 2 hours. And now my Pulse app isn’t working. After the power came back on. But my security system IS still working.
I contacted ADT and did all the reset stuff they recommended but it’s still not working. I also have a router app and it shows that it’s connected

What do you guys think?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
When you say "not working" do you mean it won't communicate or the app stopped working on your phone?

Your government is lying to you

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would uninstall the app, then reinstall. This has worked for me in the past.

Your security system shows that it's ready to arm on the panel? Does the router app show when it became connected? Just trying to iron out if it hasn't updated.

03 VENOM

Established Member
It wouldn’t connect to the internet. The ADT app shows that the system is offline.
At least I can still arm/disarm it though. With the keypad.

An ADT tech tried rebooting and a couple other things Over the phone. I need a new ADT Honeywell Gateway modem. Made an appointment for them to replace it.

03 VENOM

Established Member
Forgot to mention I have it plugged into a surge protector along with everything else in my house. Thank God nothing else took a crap.
It was a weird power outage. It kept going off and on rapidly. Then off for a couple hours.
I also forgot I have a service/maintenance agreement with ADT too.

projectslideway

Established Member
I've run into issues with home automation apps when my phone is connected to 5GHz and the devices are using 2.4GHz. Try connecting to 2.4GHz and forget the 5GHz network on your phone. Probably won't work but it's worth a try.

03 VENOM

Established Member
It’s called an ADT TSSC base. I’m glad I have the maintenance/service plan. I forgot about that lol for $7 a month. They cost alot brand new. And There’s a lot of used ones on EBay.
I’m just a little frustrated I can’t fix it myself

Attachments

• 731EB00C-7FAD-426F-ABD4-447CEB1CD7AB.jpeg
    731EB00C-7FAD-426F-ABD4-447CEB1CD7AB.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 37

03 VENOM

Established Member
I've run into issues with home automation apps when my phone is connected to 5GHz and the devices are using 2.4GHz. Try connecting to 2.4GHz and forget the 5GHz network on your phone. Probably won't work but it's worth a try.
Dude, I already posted that the adt tech over the phone confirmed the base unit is toast.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Of course. Lol. You just messing with me now

Yes I was lol. Hope you get it sorted out. I have a ring alarm and a window sensor that doesn’t wanna connect to home base. It all of a sudden just says window open and I have to bypass it to set the alarm. I need to call ring and ask them what’s going with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

patc84

Established Member
^ either the battery is bad, or the sensor is faulty. I had one faulty with my ADT system.

All they will do when you call them is troubleshoot, which is all common shit, you have probably done already.

03 VENOM

Established Member
The tech came over and confirmed I need a new base unit. Of course he didn’t have one with him on his truck. Wtf.
They ordered one for me and he has to come back and install, set everything back up.

Almost forgot to mention lol. The pulse app started working again but I’m getting trouble codes. “Base cover tamper” and “system low battery”
For some reason that base cover tamper won’t go away and reset. And I guess the 5 year old rechargeable batteries are taking a sh*t.

Users who are viewing this thread