Advanced Traction Control

trafficman337

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

I just picked up a 2014 Vert and I am very happy with it's condition. When I started the car when it came out of the trailer, I noticed there was an LC (launch control) on the dash, and the advanced traction control symbol was also lit up. I want to drive the car normally, have no intentions of racing it, burning tires, or anything else. The car is going to be babied. Can anyone explain to me what mode I should be driving it in and how can I get rid of this Advanced Traction Control symbol? Thanks.

LS WUT

Established Member
The LC is generally on when it’s got an RPM set. You can go into the apps and clear that. There is also a LC button on the left side where the air vent is to change that. The advanced control symbol shouldn’t be lit up unless it was pushed by the buttons on the center console? Can you show me the light on the dash? Was the car tuned?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
AdvanceTrac® System

The traction control function and the ESC function comprise the AdvanceTrac® system. Some vehicles also offer a launch control function and additional functionality through the use of the stability/traction control switch.

Traction Control System

The traction control system aids in the prevention of excessive wheel spin allowing the vehicle to maintain traction during acceleration.

Electronic Stability Control (ESC) System

The ESC system constantly monitors the direction of travel relative to the driver's intended course, except when the vehicle is traveling in reverse, and aids in keeping the vehicle traveling along that course.

Stability/Traction Control Switch

The stability/traction control switch provides the driver the ability to select one of 4 modes for the AdvanceTrac® system.

Stability/Traction Control Indicators

There are 2 separate stability/traction control indicators, the stability/traction control indicator and the stability/traction control OFF indicator. Both indicators are located in the IPC message center. The stability/traction control indicator is used to alert the driver that a stability/traction event is taking place (flashes twice per second) and to alert the driver of potential concerns in the AdvanceTrac® system (illuminates continuously). The stability/traction control OFF indicator is used to alert the driver that some or all the AdvanceTrac® system features have been disabled by the driver. This indicator only illuminates continuously and does not flash.

One or both of the stability/traction control indicators may illuminate as a result of momentary sensor disturbances due to environmental or driving conditions (including severe vehicle maneuvers or extreme off road usage). Once Illuminated, the indicator remains illuminated until the environmental or driving condition is no longer present and the ignition is cycled from ON to OFF and then back to ON again. If there are no other customer concerns, symptoms, indicators or DTCs , the stability/traction control indicator may have been illuminated due to these environmental or driving conditions.

Launch Control

The launch control system works in conjunction with the AdvanceTrac® system and PCM to maximize traction from a standing start acceleration in a straight line. Launch control enables a unique "drag start" traction control calibration designed for high grip surfaces. The system allows the driver to set and hold a desired launch RPM depending on tire temperature, surface condition or weather. Unlike the AdvanceTrac® system, the launch control system does not reset to OFF when the ignition is cycled. For information on setting the launch control system, refer to the Owner's Literature.

You can find all you need to know in the attached PDF. Welcome to the shelby Club!!

Attachments

• 2014 MUSTANG SHELBY GT 500 Supplement.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 51

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Those should reset back to factory default after every key cycle (Ignition turned on/off) or when they are manually selected. They should not stay on!!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Those should reset back to factory default after every key cycle (Ignition turned on/off) or when they are manually selected. They should not stay on!!
:iagree:
Something is not right, if your car is defaulting to LC, OP.

AdvanceTrac is covered on pp 17-19 of the 2013 GT500 Supplement, 2nd Printing (atchd here).

Attachments

• AdvanceTrac.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

trafficman337

Established Member
The LC is generally on when it’s got an RPM set. You can go into the apps and clear that. There is also a LC button on the left side where the air vent is to change that. The advanced control symbol shouldn’t be lit up unless it was pushed by the buttons on the center console? Can you show me the light on the dash? Was the car tuned?
Thanks so much. I will check tonight when I go home. The car was never tuned.

trafficman337

Established Member
AdvanceTrac® System

The traction control function and the ESC function comprise the AdvanceTrac® system. Some vehicles also offer a launch control function and additional functionality through the use of the stability/traction control switch.

Traction Control System

The traction control system aids in the prevention of excessive wheel spin allowing the vehicle to maintain traction during acceleration.

Electronic Stability Control (ESC) System

The ESC system constantly monitors the direction of travel relative to the driver's intended course, except when the vehicle is traveling in reverse, and aids in keeping the vehicle traveling along that course.

Stability/Traction Control Switch

The stability/traction control switch provides the driver the ability to select one of 4 modes for the AdvanceTrac® system.

Stability/Traction Control Indicators

There are 2 separate stability/traction control indicators, the stability/traction control indicator and the stability/traction control OFF indicator. Both indicators are located in the IPC message center. The stability/traction control indicator is used to alert the driver that a stability/traction event is taking place (flashes twice per second) and to alert the driver of potential concerns in the AdvanceTrac® system (illuminates continuously). The stability/traction control OFF indicator is used to alert the driver that some or all the AdvanceTrac® system features have been disabled by the driver. This indicator only illuminates continuously and does not flash.

One or both of the stability/traction control indicators may illuminate as a result of momentary sensor disturbances due to environmental or driving conditions (including severe vehicle maneuvers or extreme off road usage). Once Illuminated, the indicator remains illuminated until the environmental or driving condition is no longer present and the ignition is cycled from ON to OFF and then back to ON again. If there are no other customer concerns, symptoms, indicators or DTCs , the stability/traction control indicator may have been illuminated due to these environmental or driving conditions.

Launch Control

The launch control system works in conjunction with the AdvanceTrac® system and PCM to maximize traction from a standing start acceleration in a straight line. Launch control enables a unique "drag start" traction control calibration designed for high grip surfaces. The system allows the driver to set and hold a desired launch RPM depending on tire temperature, surface condition or weather. Unlike the AdvanceTrac® system, the launch control system does not reset to OFF when the ignition is cycled. For information on setting the launch control system, refer to the Owner's Literature.

You can find all you need to know in the attached PDF. Welcome to the shelby Club!!
Outstanding information, thanks. I will be doing some reading later today.

trafficman337

Established Member
Vinnie coming in clutch as per usual!
If need be I’ll jog downstairs and go to the garage and check mine out for you.
Thank you. I will see if I can figure this out. I want the car to have traction control on, but the whole advanced traction control and launch control are a bit overwhelming all at once. I will check it out tonight and advise. Thanks again!

LS WUT

Established Member
Upon start up dash should be like this, only hitting the LC on the left side of the wheel will it allow you to use launch control. In the settings it will let you set RPM. The advanced track being turned off at all times either means it was tuned that way, or there might be an issue with the PCM? As vinnie suggested that manual should help you.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpeg
    IMG_0430.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0429.jpeg
    IMG_0429.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 45

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Upon start up dash should be like this, only hitting the LC on the left side of the wheel will it allow you to use launch control. In the settings it will let you set RPM. The advanced track being turned off at all times either means it was tuned that way, or there might be an issue with the PCM? As vinnie suggested that manual should help you.
Yup thats correct @LS WUT .

*L/C issues could be PCM or network issues.

*AdvanceTrac could be PCM/ABS or network issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread