Advice and Suggestions?

joe12289

Established Member
I have a 2013 Mustang GT Convertible. Looking to get some bigger rims to fit bigger brakes. So I was looking at the these
http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal2013gt500-19in-0513-pirelli-stag.html

I haven't quite decided on size yet. If I go with 20's I they don't offer stagged with 10" rim for the back. I wanna run some Fat@$$ tires on the back. Maybe like 305+. So If i go with The 19" I can get 10" rims on the rear.

I'm calling on the experts and owners who have personal experience with this.

whats the Biggest tire size I can fit on the back on 20s with the 8.5" rim and 19s with 10" Also right now the stang is stock height. I am going to drop it 1" all the way around. So Wheel rub is a concern for me. SOOOOooo let the advice giving begin!!!

Thanks

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I have a 2013 Mustang GT Convertible. Looking to get some bigger rims to fit bigger brakes. So I was looking at the these
http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal2013gt500-19in-0513-pirelli-stag.html

I haven't quite decided on size yet. If I go with 20's I they don't offer stagged with 10" rim for the back. I wanna run some Fat@$$ tires on the back. Maybe like 305+. So If i go with The 19" I can get 10" rims on the rear.

I'm calling on the experts and owners who have personal experience with this.

whats the Biggest tire size I can fit on the back on 20s with the 8.5" rim and 19s with 10" Also right now the stang is stock height. I am going to drop it 1" all the way around. So Wheel rub is a concern for me. SOOOOooo let the advice giving begin!!!

Thanks

Joe-Welcome to SVT! Good questions here! What kind of brakes are you looking into or are they the Brembos? As per running something pretty chunky on the rear you can definitely get away with a 305 on the 19x10 without any issue even with a modest drop. Let me know if you have any questions and I hope this helps!

Alex

joe12289

Established Member
Joe-Welcome to SVT! Good questions here! What kind of brakes are you looking into or are they the Brembos? As per running something pretty chunky on the rear you can definitely get away with a 305 on the 19x10 without any issue even with a modest drop. Let me know if you have any questions and I hope this helps!

Alex

Thanks Alex.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the Ford racing brembo 6 piston upgrade AM offers.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-6piston-brake-kit-0514.html
So I'm learning that I need at least a 19x9 rim to fit. So of course I want some wide tires in the back. BC the 235 are not enough on a stock 5.0. now that it is Roushcharger(which i Bought from AM of course) it is even more imperative for traction.

So I guess I can get the 19x9.5 for front and the 19x10 for the back. Can that 19x10 rim fit a 305 width tire in the back? Also What would be the biggest Front tire I could mount in the front without rubbing while turning far right and left?

Thank you!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread