ADVICE NEEDED.......

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
I am working a deal on a 03 Dark Shadow Grey Cobra (22 miles) at a local DFW dealer. Here is where we stand in negotiations:
1) Selling price of the Cobra - $30,000
2) Trade in value of my 00 GT with 37k miles, mild modifications, extremely clean - $10,000 (I owe $3k on the note) for a net used vehicle allowance of $7,000.
3) Nothing down, 3.9% for a 60 month note.

I think I have him as low as possible on the car but think I deserve more for my car.

What do you guys think?

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake-Shadow
Sounds good but try to get that price to include TTL.

Good point....but the sales manager is already acting like he doing me a huge favor with the $30k tag. What would TT&L be? about $2.5-3k, right?

03MUSTANGSVT

Established Member
If there is a CARMAX near you, trade your car in there. They by far give you the best value on your car! I think this guy is giving a great deal on one end and bending you over on the other!

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
Originally posted by 03MUSTANGSVT
If there is a CARMAX near you, trade your car in there. They by far give you the best value on your car! I think this guy is giving a great deal on one end and bending you over on the other!

Will they give you $$ if you do not purchase form them?

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
tax should be 20,000 x tax... 30,000- trade=20,000xtax

:) hope that helps you my guess is your looking at about 23,000+1550= 24550 the 1550 is TT&L

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
I guess the only problem with going to CarMax is the loss of the tax effect from the trade-in....Hmmm, ok there are 3 CarMax locations near me so I will go tomorrow and see what they say.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Trade-in value should be about 11,500. I would throw that offer at them, and unless they get close, be ready to walk out the door.

Friendchicken

"I can give you a new 03 cobra for 25k, but I'll only give ya 2k for your trade in."

-hypothetical conversation

Moral of the story is work the deal for the car separate from the price of the trade-in value. You could probably sell your current car in the paper for more within a week. Check your market prices on your car to be sure.

Welcome to the club!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
If your not x planning the car, your at about 1500 under invoice (invoice is about 33000 depending on options) with the 1500 rebate. Thats a deal if your not x or a plan. Basically, he is giving you 11500 for your GT, just taking it off the price of the cobra.

Id say go for it.

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
OK. I think I am going to do it. I have enough equity in the GT that my new payments would already be built into my budget. It would be nice not having car payments for awhile, but the GT has been making some funny noises in the rear end and I dread hearing the diagnosis. I will visit one more dealership today and then take the plunge.the

Users who are viewing this thread