Advice on FREE memory card recovery software

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Does anyone know of software that will recover videos from an SD card? I went to the track last night and got some video. Id like to recover it off the SD card. It doesnt work the normal way.

I tried a bunch of programs but they all ask for payment before you can retrieve your files.

I found a free legit one for photos, but not videos.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive used Recuva with good results.

Was going to suggest it. I've used it to recover files from several years back that were partially overwritten even, though they were missing portions of the video. Recent files that haven't been overwritten should be a piece of cake.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The program worked. Thanks.

However, i can not play the videos. Same thing happened with another program. Looks like it may be my go pro that took a crap. Well, time to confirm then save for a hero 4.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have a commercial/pro version that I use for recovery at work. If you wanted to...you can throw that SD card into a bubble mailer and send it to me to try. Just a caveat, the files could be corrupted and beyond recovery, thus the reason they won't play.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I didn't know Piriform had that kind of recovery software! I love using their stuff! Thanks for posting it. I have a ton of media that got accidentally deleted. So far, this Recuva seems to be recovering it!

SirShaun

Established Member
Apparently, some malware slipped in with an older version of ccleaner. I'm sure all is well now, but be aware. Might want to upgrade any piriform products you are running.

Users who are viewing this thread