Advice on my HP goals...

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
Basically my goal with my truck is to get 420-450ish RWHP and yet still make it a very reliable daily driver. Im new to V8s and more specifically ford motors so i dont know what they need to make x horse power safely and reliably. As i said in an earlier post ive always driven hondas with turbos and or built motors so i know what to do with those engines but obviously with an SVT lightning its a totally different approach to getting safe reliable horsepower. And after reading about the spark plug issue i picked up a torque wrench and plan on keeping a close eye on those plugs cause the thought of one of those blowing on me makes me paranoid to even drive the truck hard at all.

The power package i have here is the one im considering and am planning on the 6lb pulley. With a good tune how close to my goal can this kit get me? what other supporting mods would i need or should i at least look into. To make my goal HP about how much money can i expect to spend for initial start up. Also as far as tunning goes i am thinking about going to www.f1dyno.com they tunned my hondas and did a very good job they also do alot of work with vipers as well. BUT i dont know if they work much with lightnings does anyone have any experience with these tunners in particular in regards to our trucks? I plan on calling them and asking, but im just currious if anyone here has had first had experience with them.

I hope im on the right track so far thanks for any advice in advance..

-LFP Lightweight Aluminum Mounting Hub
-Your Choice of a 2#,4#,6#,8# Aluminum Pulley Ring (Anodized for Stronger Belt Contact)
-14mm Hex Head Tool
-Converter Lock-Up Tool
-Allen Bolt Hardware
-Proper Sized Goodyear Gatoback Belt
-Diablo Sport Predator Tuner
-NGK TR6 Spark Plugs (Recommended when Adding Boost)
-160 or 180 Degree Thermostat

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Bro, your best bang for the buck is to go built. It might put you in debt for awhile, but you will make more then 500hp and be safe on the stock eaton for now.

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
yeah built motors own... ill have to look into that more.

thanks for the advice man i appreciate it.

acwalsh8

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
Established Member
CHUXSVT said:
a 2.2 KB will do the job. $2000 . cant beat that.

like i said.

or you can nickle and dime (for us its franklin and more franklins) with pulleys, CAI blah blah blah and be sitting at 390 490 (just enough to piss you off you didnt make 400/500) after 3 rounds of mods, 4 dyno tunes and roughly 2500 in expense.

BoogBlue03

400/500 club 5ive.4our
Established Member
acwalsh8 said:
like i said.

or you can nickle and dime (for us its franklin and more franklins) with pulleys, CAI blah blah blah and be sitting at 390 490 (just enough to piss you off you didnt make 400/500) after 3 rounds of mods, 4 dyno tunes and roughly 2500 in expense.
MAN.......that sounds like my story! :cuss:

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
i had no idea i could get a new blower for 2k.... thats definately worth saving for... and thats safe on stock internals and all that shit ?

Users who are viewing this thread