Advice on nitrous

Bimmer1999

Established Member
Pros:
Awesome Torque and power
Installs with ease (depending on what your get LOL)
Can be hidden pretty easy for a sleeper look
Cheap For a power adder

Cons:
Bottle fills

It should be treated like a power adder. Get all the accessories to get a complete kit. Don't cheap out on it and do it right from the get go.

What kind of car/truck are you thinking about putting it on

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
:^ im guessing since he is posting in the Gen2 section, a 1999+ lightning :idea:

i had a KB/150 shot setup on my 02 for a few years. i ran 255 pumps, 60's and the 97 rails with an accufab regulator and the last dyno sheet i can remember it was a tick over 700rwhp and a smidge over 900rwtq. cooled the intake charge and added a huge amount of power. if you hit it off the line dont expect to get any type of traction with drag radials, you will need full slicks and a good set of long bars. the best i could muster was an 11.20 the last time i had it running correctly with the 305/45 nt555R's. never ran it on slicks....

truck has been sold to a member on here, who i believe is building it again?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I would get a zex wet kit and run a 100 or 125 shot. Just get it tuned for it. Pro's are pretty good since it's instant power but the only thing ( using nitrous for about 10 years now) is the bottle refills and if you don't have a automatic bottle opener. Just don't get greedy with it cause it can bite you in the arse the second you start bumping the pills for power it's not tuned for.

Bimmer1999

Established Member
:^ im guessing since he is posting in the Gen2 section, a 1999+ lightning :idea:

i had a KB/150 shot setup on my 02 for a few years. i ran 255 pumps, 60's and the 97 rails with an accufab regulator and the last dyno sheet i can remember it was a tick over 700rwhp and a smidge over 900rwtq. cooled the intake charge and added a huge amount of power. if you hit it off the line dont expect to get any type of traction with drag radials, you will need full slicks and a good set of long bars. the best i could muster was an 11.20 the last time i had it running correctly with the 305/45 nt555R's. never ran it on slicks....

truck has been sold to a member on here, who i believe is building it again?

HAHA i didnt even catch that.. :lol1:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I was told my stock block wont handle it

it will handle quite a bit, i ran 100 shot on a ported eaton for a few years, then switched to the KB and just upped the hit as i needed it. just swap jets and upload a new tune...it was pretty simple.

try a 50 shot and get a tune and see how you like it. its been a while but if i can remember correctly, it will net more than a 50hp gain as it will also cool the intake charge.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Who told you it wouldn't handle that?? Your tuner? If you install it correctly, get a tune for it and watch the bottle pressure before you hit it...i dont see any problems. Now a 150 or 200 shot, i wouldn't advice that really.

I have a dry 50 on my Cobra and it made an extrea 47rwhp/80rwtq. Once i'm done with building it back the way i want it, i'm upping it to a 100 wet shot. So if you do try a 50 shot, it will be nice but not really worth it. My 50 shot was weak to me but i've played with nitrous for years. Always seem like the magic number is 100 or more. I plan on doing a 100 with my truck when i get back also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread