Advice on selling my car

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Hey everyone,

I need some advice on whether or not I should sell my car. Car is a DIB 2014 GT Premium. I dont really need to get rid of it, but it sure would be nice to free up some money as I pay about $740/month after insurance. My major problem is I owe 30k on the car still, and dont know if I can justify losing my ass of on mods, or whether I should part it. (headers were a PITA). I can afford the payment and insurance without a problem, but id prefer to payoff my stupid personal student loan within a year, along with my KTM. Im also scared to start parting the car, and then getting stuck with it being stock. Also, with the mods and W/O, what would be a fair asking price?

Specs on the car:
16k miles: 90% highway miles
3:73 gears, 6mt w/MGW spec 2 shifter and pony shifter handle.
Kooks longtubes, with custom 3 in xpipe, into 3 in borla ATAK system.
BMR Tubular K member and radiator support.
BMR Lower control arms
JPC clutch line and DOT 4 fluid.
Shaftmasters aluminum DS
Roush front grille/chin spoiler.
Black Forgestar Cf5 19x9 19x10
Home Ported Boss Mani and airaid Intake.

Thanks everyone!

Angry50

Established Member
Id keep it, unfortunately right now these took a big hit with the 15s. trade in is probably low 20, and part out is always best way to get money back just requires more time

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
idTsVr6Fj

croppz

Established Member
Not worth losing your ass on the car man. You still owe 30k, trade in would be like 25-26. And you already have a bunch of money into it too.

That's kind of why I'm holding off on doing the big mods on this car until I pay it down a bunch. I owe like 26 on mine lol.

Rdrcr

Established Member
Not worth losing your ass on the car man. You still owe 30k, trade in would be like 25-26. And you already have a bunch of money into it too.

That's kind of why I'm holding off on doing the big mods on this car until I pay it down a bunch. I owe like 26 on mine lol.

Agreed. I would suggest keeping the car for at least another couple years.

Mike

greenscobie86

Established Member
Same here, I'd hang on to it. unless you sell it privately of course and at a premium, but that won't be easy.

Nice looking car btw!

lovebread

Established Member
Agreed. I would suggest keeping the car for at least another couple years.

Mike

I had the same decision, big commitment into running the headers, and then I went all in with a Paxton. Ended up selling 7k miles later with about 50% return on modifications.

People are more than willing to pay for a car with the labor of putting good modifications onto the car, you just have to wait to see who bites.

Put it up locally, on SVTP, see what happens.

I took 29K and bought a S2000, put the rest into a GT350 fund and there it will remain until the "next big thing" finally comes. Don't get emotionally invested into a non-so-special car if you can afford it.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
I had the same decision, big commitment into running the headers, and then I went all in with a Paxton. Ended up selling 7k miles later with about 50% return on modifications.

People are more than willing to pay for a car with the labor of putting good modifications onto the car, you just have to wait to see who bites.

Put it up locally, on SVTP, see what happens.

I took 29K and bought a S2000, put the rest into a GT350 fund and there it will remain until the "next big thing" finally comes. Don't get emotionally invested into a non-so-special car if you can afford it.

Thats just it, Im not attached to it at all. Its just another bolt ons GT. If I put the money that I spend towards the car on paying off other debts, I would have more than enough to buy a gt350 or something else in a couple years. For now, my KTM enduro is all the fun I need in the area I live in.

croppz

Established Member
Sounds like your mind is made up. If you don't mind losing money then sell it. But just remember you're more than upside down on your car, mods don't add value, especially just bolt ons.

Rct851

Established Member
That's a bummer your not into it anymore. Car looks good and that's a quality mod list. I'd keep it and remember no matter what other car you buy there is always another one at the "next level".

I was on a sell my car kick for a while for the same reasons; common, can afford better now, ect.... I eventually calmed myself down and am happy for what I have, after all these are fun cars. Also I try and concentrate on mx racing and other hobbies.

Last edited:

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
I've decided to keep the car. Might as well finish the suspension, go e85, and shoot for low 11s, then refinance it.

croppz

Established Member
I've decided to keep the car. Might as well finish the suspension, go e85, and shoot for low 11s, then refinance it.

I went through the same thing man trust me. I got my car in April and was like man, I owe like 26k on it I dunno if it's worth it. Told myself to keep it for a year and if I still feel that way, sell it and at least come out on top a little bit.

But so far that feeling has vanished and I love daily driving it even though its stock lol.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
I went through the same thing man trust me. I got my car in April and was like man, I owe like 26k on it I dunno if it's worth it. Told myself to keep it for a year and if I still feel that way, sell it and at least come out on top a little bit.

But so far that feeling has vanished and I love daily driving it even though its stock lol.

It finally stopped raining every day so I drove the car all weekend. Its definitely enjoyable. I forgot how much I love all the noises it makes at 7800 rpm lol

Users who are viewing this thread