ADVICE: steig 4, 6lb lower, 2.93 upper....

Venomm

Established Member
with this set up will i NEED a Idler pulley to limit belt slip if i go with a 6lb lower and a 2.95 BF upper, also how long can i run the 6lb lower with the stock Alternator Pulley SAFELY, can it go roughly a week or 2, wont have a 3.5 alt pulley till then but will have the 6lb lower installed tues and the stage 4 blower installed friday... what other supporting mods other than MAF.ia will i NEED to safely run this combo vs down the road upgrading fuel system... also ordered SCT XCAL 3 from Amazon so rick is doin the tune on it, what kinda hp/tq numbers should i see?!?! :shrug::shrug: THANKS GUYS!!

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I would definitely get a 100mm snub idler. Go ahead and install the alternator pulley with the lower. Some guys have ran a long time on the stock pulley with bigger crank pulleys, but I wouldn't do it. Alternators are expensive. You will need at least a KB BAP, and some ported cars need 60lb injectors.

I can see you making ~520rwhp

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
with this set up will i NEED a Idler pulley to limit belt slip if i go with a 6lb lower and a 2.95 BF upper, also how long can i run the 6lb lower with the stock Alternator Pulley SAFELY, can it go roughly a week or 2, wont have a 3.5 alt pulley till then but will have the 6lb lower installed tues and the stage 4 blower installed friday... what other supporting mods other than MAF.ia will i NEED to safely run this combo vs down the road upgrading fuel system... also ordered SCT XCAL 3 from Amazon so rick is doin the tune on it, what kinda hp/tq numbers should i see?!?! :shrug::shrug: THANKS GUYS!!

Yes you will still want the idler with the 2.93/6lb combo. The 6lb lower will spin the blower pulley that much faster making it more possible to have belt slip than with the 2.95 upper alone. Yes you'll be fine running that combo for a couple weeks while you wait to get your alt pulley in. Just remember that once you get the alt pulley on the car you'll need a longer belt. So you'll be wasting a $45 belt for two weeks of use. Good choice on having Rick tune it, I'd expect between 520-540rwhp. You might need a BAP with that combo, your injectors should be fine but datalog just to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread