Advice...

CGGT01

Established Member
Hey everyone. Just looking for some opinions/advice. I have a 01 GT and I'm looking at buying a house. IDK if I should sell the GT (I'll still have the 96 Mystic) and get an inexpensive DD to save some $$$. If I sell her, it will only free up about 7gs for the purchase price of the car, and she's worth more to me than the 7gs it would free up. If I keep the GT, its getting a pair of cams, s281 wing, blk FR500, shocks/struts/springs (already purchased, not installed), and eventually, a TC.
The GT:
699045181_l.jpg

Both:
1115128969_l.jpg

jfsram

Established Member
What are the 2 different purposes of your 2 Mustangs.

I'm from a house of 5 cars but they all serve a different purpose. To me, excluding the filthy rich, diversity is key for more having than 1 car.

My in laws had 2 Dodge Shadow's, years ago. To me that served no purpose. Um, lets take you car, it's better on fuel. or I'm going to use my car because I need to go pick up a load a Home Depot.

I used to have 2 reg cab pick ups, that was senseless.

Presently I have a project car, 69 Super Bee.
Wife's toy is a 65 Plymouth Belvedere. Minimum effort to maintain and it calls for no upgrades, just change the oil, wash, drive and store for the winter.
I have a toy/truck for truck duties, it's a tow vehicle, hauler and the bed sure comes in handy.
For family duties we have a full size sedan. Chrysler LHS. Huge trunk, good of fuel, very reliable and front wheel drive for all weather driving.
Then the Mustang. 93 5L LX spd, some toys and it's kind of like my Super Bee but I can enjoy it on a daily basis.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/754650/1

CGGT01

Established Member
Well, the GT is my DD and I'll be doing some more mods to it. i want to make it faster, but keep it practical. The cobra, i plan on using as a show car because it is a Mystic. Its not original because some bolt ons have been added, but i dont want to do any more mods to it.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
I would say o sell the the GT and keep you Cobra... The House is priority.. your only going to gain vaule with your home and lose it with the car

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
+1 on that...
trust me, i have a very good job, and take my advice: get the house, and drive what you can afford!,
i make about 160k a year, and i work over seas, but, i spent about 100k on toys and parts my first year, and now last year has come and gone, and i still owe on some of my toys, why is that? its cause thats what i thought at the time was the best for what i wanted, not understanding its not what i needed. the house i bought in july is 140k. and its gone up about 10k in 6months cause of new development in my area. now, show me a car that will go up in value that is " a normal" car.
this is a list of my toys, so you can see that im not kidding,
67 full race coupe mustang. 6.5@ 105 in 1/8 mile,
69 ss camaro true ss!
00 mustang gt few bolt on's
01 hayabusa with 11k miles custom airbrush paint,
03 lightning, with a few more bolt on's
04 mach1 with procharger intercooled, lots of bolt ons's
so i know how oyu feel, and i can relate to the guy above that said he has pratical vehicals.
but get the house even if you have to stay in that gt for the next 5 years! cars loose there value every mile and every day. its the worst thing to invest in. unless its an old shelby car or someting, but be realistic, there isnt many of them just ditting around for sale.
good luck with your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread