AED's 2016 A6 Project car first 1/4 mile data Stock vs Tuned:

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Is there a difference between the S and D for drag racing AFTER a tune?Shift points or firmer shifts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes S felt mushy and D like a raped ape lol. Then they both felt like raped apes...be nice to have a gentle giant and a raped ape tho

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I've run the M&H DR's before and I don't like them.
The DR I'm looking at is the MT 305/45/17 ET Street R. Aside from M&H it's the only full size (27.5+) DR I can find for this application.

That tire hooks really hard from a roll so I'm sure it'll hook great from a dig. But has some sway in the higher speeds where my ET pros did not.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I have always heard about how great the AED tunes were. I have a buyer coming up for my Cobra in a few weeks and I plan on getting into a Auto Coyote powered car. After reading this thread Shaun will be getting my business. Although I plan to keep my next project rather mild I still cant wait to see how this tuned wakes up the Auto S550. Thanks for continuing to update this thread. I know you are out to make money and sell tunes and if you keep providing feedback like you have been you will continue to earn new customers. Look forward to contacting you in the future!!

Leonard

Shaun@AED

I have always heard about how great the AED tunes were. I have a buyer coming up for my Cobra in a few weeks and I plan on getting into a Auto Coyote powered car. After reading this thread Shaun will be getting my business. Although I plan to keep my next project rather mild I still cant wait to see how this tuned wakes up the Auto S550. Thanks for continuing to update this thread. I know you are out to make money and sell tunes and if you keep providing feedback like you have been you will continue to earn new customers. Look forward to contacting you in the future!!

Leonard

Sounds good to me.
Check out the results from last track outing:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1115116-New-All-Motor-15-Coyote-Record!-9-88-!

bunk22

Established Member

Leonard

I had an AED tune on my 2012 Mustang GT, it had a Hot Air intake and full Kooks exhaust. The car had a Steeda tune, then Saun's. Night and day, the tune by AED was simply spot on and aggressive as all get out. Now I had gone to a local tuner, "Rick Fast Tunes" who is well know for his aggressive tuning. He tuned my current ride, a 2015 Mustang GT A6 with another hot air and long-tubes. Anyway, he says he makes half his money fixing other tunes, specifically Bama tunes. He also said, the one tuner he could not beat, maybe match was AED. He could make $300 bucks to street tune, then dyno but I remember him saying that he couldn't beat Sean's tune, it was right on. So now, I'm not sure what to do, keep his tun or get AED's new tune for my car.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ that's a rare trait in a tuner to 1. give props to another tuner and 2. fully admit he can't match another tuner to a customer.. Hats off to your current tuner for being a stand up guy!

bunk22

Established Member
^^ that's a rare trait in a tuner to 1. give props to another tuner and 2. fully admit he can't match another tuner to a customer.. Hats off to your current tuner for being a stand up guy!

I agree, I remember being a bit in shock as he said he would tune it but he doubted he could best AED, maybe match them but his tune was spot on, it would be a waste of money. Now if it were a Bama tune, like I had on my 2015, he took care of that garabage.

JasinEdward

Established Member
Already doing boosted S550 tunes. M6 and A6

Shaun, I hit you up a few months back regarding tuning for a 2015 A6 GT with a phase 1 Roush 670 hp setup. Are you remote tuning these now? I had your tune on a 2014 and it was awesome....

Shaun@AED

Shaun, I hit you up a few months back regarding tuning for a 2015 A6 GT with a phase 1 Roush 670 hp setup. Are you remote tuning these now? I had your tune on a 2014 and it was awesome....

Not the Roush setup yet.
Whipple and Blow thru applications we are.

Shaun@AED

Do you have an eta? Even a slight estimate? I din't wanna go with Lund and then hear you have some available....

Impossible to say, I do not plan on installing a TVS on my own car, so I have to wait for a customer to drop off a TVS S550 at the shop for Tuning/R&D.
It is a very popular blower, so really it should not be too long before one comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread