AEM 320lph pump?

qachargh

Established Member
The next round of upgrades to my '13 GT500 includes switching to E85. Problem is the stock pumps most likely won't be able to support to flow for an expected 900whp.

I would prefer to avoid the full return-style system at this point. I'm investigating swapping the pumps in the factory hat to keep all the factory lines and wiring. AEM appears to be the only manufacturer currently making E85-compatible pumps that should fit in the factory hat.

Does anyone here have any experience-good or bad-with these 320lph or similar flow AEM in-tank pumps?

JeremyH

Established Member
The aem 320 are legit 320 pumps and actually flow the 340lph at 39psi like they are supposed to . I run the aem-e version in my hat in a staggered Fore return setup. They can be run in returnless as well but will flow a little less in that config. I have upgraded many gt500 hats with aftermarket pumps etc the two 320's would only be good for 750-800rwhp on e85 anyway and no aftermarket pump is a drop in on that hat the oem pump retention and T merge on the gt500 hat sucks and you have to completely mod the hat and pump holder with new hose etc. Honestly you need a return setup at that level. That is a large amount of fuel your trying to move at 900rwhp with e85 and the returnless system wont cut it. The problem with returnless and e85/big power is the flow to support the power isn't there. You have to wait for the frps to sense the pressure drop, tell the pcm, pcm commands the fpdm to increase voltage to pump and then you have to physically wait for the fuel to come from the tank and get to the rail, all the while its increasing pressure output at the same time which decreases flow which defeats the purpose, this delay becomes very evident at higher power boost levels and power, throw on top the 25-30% more fuel volume you need with corn and it gets screwy, large pressure drops and spikes and flow all over the place.

I would do a Fore dual walbro 465 return setup, will be good for 1000rwhp on e85. In a return setup the flow to support your big power and boost level is always there at the rail and instead pressure is just instantly modulated my a mechanical regulator by the rails. This allows for rock solid fuel pressure and flow ensuring your injectors don't skip a beat and is much more reliable with e85 and gobs of power. Your tuner will thank you as well lol

I had a heavily modified dual pump returnless setup before, dumped lots of money into it, baps, wiring upgrades, larger dw320 pumps, 8an line and filter upgrades, rails. And in the end I went return for my switch to e85 and I'm much happier with the reliability and capability of the return setup.

Last edited:

qachargh

Established Member
It is looking more and more like a complete system overhaul is in my future. I was trying to avoid it until it came time for the motor to get pulled but it appears I don't have that luxury.

Are you using the Fore FC3 controller?

JeremyH

Established Member
Yes sir FC3 staged controller. The aem-e 320 is primary key on pump and then my second pump is a walbro 465 that comes on with a hobbs switch only when in boost. So idle and cruise I don't have 750-800lph of flow banging through the system the whole time.

20140329_163221_zpsfyrgo1nm.jpg

20140321_172756_zpscyt7pbjb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread