AEM cai

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
SVTGrl said:
yeah when youre done paying me back for the damn tires on your car ... :bored:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! But come on... It's the JLT Carbon Fiber Intake... Surely you don't need the money right away, right?

I'm ordering the JLT High-Boost Carbon Fiber Intake so I know what you're going through, Troy. LOL

5pointHo

Established Member
svteric said:
I was just playin... i am already with someone.. i have the pics in my phone so i thought it would be easy to send them to you..

aahh i see .. is that how you respond to every girl that shuts you down?

baahhahhahaha

im just kidding man .. i believe you. :D

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
im surprised the cai makes that much of a difference in sound and power as you mentioned, the car comes stock with an aftermarket k&n, it sounds loud too, i wonder wat the aem really does to the performance.

plus ppl always say different things, some argue that the car is in desperate need of a tune, some say go with TB, I just dont know wat to get anymore !

VoIcEs

Rockin the SVT
Established Member
the aem adds about 5hp and somethin like 4 ft-lb tourqe its on the aem website they have a dyno sheet. Ya i put mine on around Christmas time and i love it, every time around 3-4k if you hit it right it sounds like a turbo spooling or when its in the really low rpms it has that deep gurgle. sounds awesome

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
im lookin at a knn typhone short ram, wat do u think??

it gets pretty wet in the winter time, even the summer here is half rain, so i cant go with a CAI ...

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
yeah sorry to say but bypass valves dont work, I can say that with all confidence because my friend had one installed in his CAI but it didnt help him when it poured out.

OrangeSVTguy

SVT Addict
Established Member
i lived in ohio and never had no problems driving in pouring rain. i cautiously drove through deep water(when i had no choice) and was fine. these concerns with hydrolock are kinda fishy if you ask me. i bet they were runing though 6" puddles and redlining and not telling the truth. now here in beautiful cali it's so much nicer. the tone and whistle is more then enough to make up for the costs. oh and that quicker revs and little bit more power helps too lol

VoIcEs

Rockin the SVT
Established Member
there is a video of an AEM bypass valve showing an NSX at open throttle dipping the intake in and out of water and it doesnt suck it up past the valve also they submerged it at i think almost full throttle and the water didnt get past the valve that is the entire filter submerged for longer than 3 seconds your friend had to be goin through a river or something but ive seen it work

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
Heres Mine, EBay for $100 and the K and N filter with the Prefilter was $50.

Intake:

SVT060.jpg

And Filter and Prefilter:

SVT061.jpg

Lightningfr

Banned
all you need is the filter cover..

hey allblack you dont happen to rembmer the ebay seller link doyou?
i remember i foud it for you bought yours now i need one agian
hahahaha

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
that filter cover looks like its defeating the purpose of the CAI, wats the point of the cai if ure gonna have it covered up like that..

5pointHo

Established Member
VoIcEs said:
the aem adds about 5hp and somethin like 4 ft-lb tourqe its on the aem website they have a dyno sheet. Ya i put mine on around Christmas time and i love it, every time around 3-4k if you hit it right it sounds like a turbo spooling or when its in the really low rpms it has that deep gurgle. sounds awesome

YES!!! thats EXACTLY what mine sounds like, awsome, now i know i did it right. hahahahaha

its sounds soo siiiiick!

i giggle everytime i hear it. hahaahhaha. :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread