Aeroforce gauge help

betiwin

Established Member
2010 GT500 duel gauge mounted in pillar, power coming thru OBD2 port. Here is my problem. Do these things take forever to boot up? I mean sometimes I don't even get them to boot, just keeps flashing the red LEDs. Sometimes I get one gauge to boot in 3 to 4 minutes and the other one never does just again flashes it's red LEDs. Other times I get one to boot in few min and the other gauge finally comes up 5 min later. So 8 min to get both gauges some of the time seem normal? (Sometimes they never boot). When they do finally come up tho they do work as they should.

For reference my wife purchased these new from Revan Racing for me at Christmas, so I know they are brand new and I have emailed AF tech but haven't got anything back. So I'm just asking for those on here who have them is there something that I can do to rectify this.

I just installed a aeroforce gauge in my wife's CTS V and it fires up instantly when the car starts. Why are the mustangs so slow or not coming on at all.

Thanks for any information and help.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Mine boot up right away but I have mine powered from the switch. Maybe try that and see if the problem changes.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
I had issues with them being a little slow and not shutting off for 5 mins when they where powered only on the OBD2. Once I swapped to a power wire the issues went away.

betiwin

Established Member
Ya I read on there tech forums of issues with gauges bought in December for fords. Bad programming I think and must be reflashed. Anyone deal with there tech support? I assume it's a couple day process for responses?

brandonflood123

Established Member
not to thread jack or anything, but on a 2010 i know it doesnt come with the wideband gauge, so through one of the aux ports on the back of the gauge can i buy the sensor kit and add that on on my 2010 gt500? so i can read AF, also will it read the boost through the obdII port? if i need to ill just call leathal performance or something

Nsssane1

Established Member
not to thread jack or anything, but on a 2010 i know it doesnt come with the wideband gauge, so through one of the aux ports on the back of the gauge can i buy the sensor kit and add that on on my 2010 gt500? so i can read AF, also will it read the boost through the obdII port? if i need to ill just call leathal performance or something

You need these on a 2010. Mine works great, well I don't use the boost sensor anymore due to my meth kith has a boost gauge.

AeroForce 3.5 Bar MAP Boost/Vacuum Sensor Kit

and

AeroForce Wideband Air/Fuel Sensor Kit

Nsssane1

Established Member
2010 GT500 duel gauge mounted in pillar, power coming thru OBD2 port. Here is my problem. Do these things take forever to boot up? I mean sometimes I don't even get them to boot, just keeps flashing the red LEDs. Sometimes I get one gauge to boot in 3 to 4 minutes and the other one never does just again flashes it's red LEDs. Other times I get one to boot in few min and the other gauge finally comes up 5 min later. So 8 min to get both gauges some of the time seem normal? (Sometimes they never boot). When they do finally come up tho they do work as they should.

For reference my wife purchased these new from Revan Racing for me at Christmas, so I know they are brand new and I have emailed AF tech but haven't got anything back. So I'm just asking for those on here who have them is there something that I can do to rectify this.

I just installed a aeroforce gauge in my wife's CTS V and it fires up instantly when the car starts. Why are the mustangs so slow or not coming on at all.

Thanks for any information and help.

Had mine hard wired and it cut on and off all the time, switched to power from the obd port and works fine now, but your already wired this way doesn't sound right. Should come right on.

betiwin

Established Member
Ya hoping it's a simple return and reflash, tried them again and they hardly come on. Just waiting for an email from them....

brandonflood123

Established Member

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah send back to aero force . Sometimes you get a set that acts a little crazy. Awesome gauge when working. Might want to get the map sensor and fuel/oil pressure too. Once you set the announcator settings might actually save you on one of those wide open pulls and fuel pressure just drops off

betiwin

Established Member
Ya sent back today. They said there was a few that left in December that had corrupted software. They seemed to know exactly what was wrong with the symptoms described. Hopefully won't be too long before I have them back. I already have the 3.5 Bar, need to get the Wideband next.

That's got to be it, we have a batch of gauges late last fall that had a program change to allow for changes in the way the Ecoboost gauges initialize and it unexpectedly effected the Mustangs. This was corrected long ago and we'll just reflash yours.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread