Aeroforce Gauge problem.

Tight Lines

Established Member
I will be honest, pretty disappointed that Aeroforce doesn't have a phone number to call. I got the car out of storage last weekend. Everything was good, drove it 2 days this week and it was fine. Took the car out today and the gauge just stopped working. I checked all the plugs and they are fine, checked the OBD port with my SCT and the SCT worked so the OBD is working. Any ideas why it would just stop working? Only had the gauge for about 2 years and AF just updated the software last year. Really don't want to have to buy another gauge...they are not cheap.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I remember reading the instruction to unplug the OBD II cable if you're storing the car and disconnecting the battery because that might damage the gauge.

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
They can repair it. Send them an e-mail. They keep on top of the e-mail and their forum. Also, Black Cobra '99 is correct.

Steve

Tight Lines

Established Member
Thanks, it was disconnected while stored. I unplug everything. I plugged it in when I took it out of storage.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Have you checked to see if the OBD2 port is live with a scanner or tuner? The Aeroforce on my Lightning stopped working when the 12V accessory circuit popped a fuse one day, turns out they are a shared circuit on my truck. Replaced the fuse and was good to go. Just something to check that could be a simple fix before sending it away.

Nsssane1

Established Member
The little jumper didn't fall out did it, I cant see that happening. Did you try to pull the jumper and hook it to a 12v and a ground to see if it comes on.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I just sent this thread to the president of the company. I'm guessing you'll get a response. Go ahead and email customer service as well.

bj

Tight Lines

Established Member
Thanks all, I shipped it out to AF today. I will have to see what they say as they sent me an email stating I will have to pay to fix. I will update when I hear back. Thanks BJ.
Paul N.

Hello,

Have you contacted us? We have the tech forum, facebook, email ([email protected]) which are monitored several times a day and even on weekends. If a phone call is needed we'll call you. I see you wrote this at 6 pm on Friday, there is no one at our shop at 6pm or on weekends so these would have been the best methods irregardless.

We do service and repair gauges, no need to buy another. We have a return form on the bottom of our "manuals" and forms webpage, just send it in with that form.

It would have been nice to have been contacted first about this rather than reading about it in a public forum, I was answering questions on email, facebook, and our forums on both saturday and sunday. We could have had this resolved a couple days ago.

(edit: I see that you must have contacted someone already if you were told to send it in).

Todd

Last edited:

Tight Lines

Established Member
Yep, received an email. My original post was to see if anybody had any ideas why it would stop. Hoping it was a fuse or something easy to fix, that's why I also stated I wish I could have called you as I had the dash apart already. Hope that makes sense, the way you do communicate with the customer (email, forum) was done as stated.

Tight Lines

Established Member
Looks like AF has fixed it. Said they had to update it to the most current update and that worked. I hope this is the case as I couldn't even get it powered up and I had an update last year. Fingers crossed. It was nice that they only charged me shipping. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread