Aeroforce Gauges paid for themselves today

Evan5469

Established Member
Today was an abnormally nice day out so I decided to take my Cobra out. I drove for about 30 minutes each way, mostly highway, since it hadn't been out in awhile so I could get everything up to temp. As I'm driving I am monitoring IAT 1 and IAT 2 temps as well as coolant temp. and battery. After about 15 minutes of driving the IAT 1 temps got up to about 70 and stayed steady while my IAT 2's got up to about 120, but they didn't stop there. The IAT 2 temps kept climbing and finally stopped at 165. As soon as I got home I checked under the hood and sure enough the intercooler pump has stopped working completely. So now I'll be calling Steve at Tousley for its replacement.

Also just FYI, it has 70k miles on it, so I'm not too surprised after reading about the other pump failures people have been having.

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
That's Hot!!^^ Those Aeroforce gauges are really nice... got mine installed the other day! It feels good driving knowing you got an eye on all the vitals.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Yup....my stocker started going out right around the 70k mark as well.

Glad u caught the issue right away, and are getting it taken care of.

:rockon:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
mine went out around 65k ... did the same thing, noticed iat2s at 160+ while on the highway

i rebuilt my pump for like $15 ... works like new for a year now

Last edited:

Evan5469

Established Member
mine went out around 65k ... did the same thing, noticed iat2s at 160+ while on the highway

i rebuilt my pump for like $15 ... works like new for a year now

I'll be sure to hold onto my old one when I put the new one in. Could you share the details of what you did to rebuild it?

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I will have to dig up the info .. basically all it consist of is purchasing new brushes and replacing your worn out ones with the new ones .. which requires alittle soldering to install them.. it took about 15 minutes to rebuild it and then you just reinstall!

Works like a charm now .. there is a write up somewhere on a how-to but I don't think it is on this site

You could probably Google "cobra intercooler pump rebuild" and find it .. the brushes are cheap and that's all that is needed to rebuild the pump

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats why I like these gauges!

Users who are viewing this thread