Aeroforce with 3.5 bar MAP?

MattR

Established Member
UPS man dropped of my Aeroforce gauge and MAP sensor today. The included directions are certainly lacking. Doing a search most installs show some parts that appear different than what I have in my box.

Gauge and harness that goes to the OBDII port is self explanatory.

It also came with a short pig tail with a connector on one end.

The MAP sensor came with a 6' long cable with two ends on it. One end can attach to either the gauge or the MAP sensor. The other end doesn't match up with anything?

How do I hook this up in my 2011?

20140723_205720.jpg

20140723_205605.jpg

Nsssane1

Established Member
The pigtail should plug into the back of the Aeroforce, the 6' cable one end into the bar sensor I'm pretty sure mine didn't have a plug on the other end. So you would connect red to 12v, black to ground and maybe white to white. If I remember there is a instruction sheet with the bar sensor or the Aeroforce that tells you which wires go where. I think green may go to a wideband if you had a sensor or another sensor.

MattR

Established Member
The end being on it is what made me believe they had made it plug and play. Doesn't appear that way. So I need to tap into the main gauge harness for the MAP is what I am guessing.

Nsssane1

Established Member
No, don't cut into the main gauge harness. Plug one end into the bar, should be the black end, cut the other end off, connect 12volts to the red wire, black to a ground, and white to the pigtail, red on pigtail to red 12v same as bar, white on pigtail to white on bar, green not used. plug pigtail into back of gauge. This should be the way.

MattR

Established Member
I thought it got its power from the obd port, so that's why I was thinking it needed to tap into the main harness to get 12v for the map sensor.
So if I bring in a keyed 12 supply I need to remove the jumper from the back of the gauge?

Nsssane1

Established Member
I just found a key on fuse in the under hood fuse box and used a add a circuit, found a good ground at the drivers kick panel.

Users who are viewing this thread