Aeromotive Stealth 340 Questions and E85

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I know that the aeromotive stealth pump is fairly new and I am curious is anyone has done any further research with E85. Also, are you running 40s or 42s, I read people have used both. Which configuration is better for our application (03 Cobra) I read that one gentleman had issues with putting them in the tank and broke 2 and subsequently burned up 320 bucks in pumps!
My current plan is to run 3 in a FORE hat return with a Whipple 2.9L and E85. Any further insight?

Thanks in advance
Alex:beer:

edit: I guess the real question is who is running what part number successfully?

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
I want to run them. They are the only pump I have seen that comes with an E85 Warranty.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Hmm talked to aeromotive today and he said it was rediculous to run three of these in a triple pump setup because they move so much fuel and draw alot of current and it is rediculous overkill! They said 3 of these would support about 2000hp and two would be more than enough.

Alex

90redcoupe

Established Member
Curious to know why you are still going to run them if they (as I took it) told me not too.

Probably because if he ever decides to go 6's the fuel system is already done LOL!. These pumps definitely are powerful, in a friends gas car his walboro 255 ran out up top and after the change of pump it was pinned 10:1 on the wide band. I think 2 is more than enough but if you just want to do it once just for maybe future mods than 3 is probably the way to go that way u don't have to do the work twice, but then again you better be making 1500hp at that point.

Teej281

Established Member
Over engineering pays off in the end...if I ever go for big power, you better believe that I'm going to have more fuel than I'll ever need.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Over engineering pays off in the end...if I ever go for big power, you better believe that I'm going to have more fuel than I'll ever need.

True, or it makes more problems. But will the amount of current these things draw be a concern?

Chances50

Established Member
True, or it makes more problems. But will the amount of current these things draw be a concern?

shouldnt be with a Wiring upgrade.

I just installed one of these in my stock tank with a wiring upgrade and with 486rwhp im only at 68% DC these pump are awesome and dang near silent.

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
Yea, Im going to run 3. I think I will need 3 for 800rwhp. I mean two ford gt pump with a bap do 700 pushing it running them hard. so I figure 3 with out a bap and 30% extra I should be good to go. Im not sure how much 2 or 3 will do on e85 I guess i will find out. haha

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Im going to run these (2 of them) and plan on making around 750rwhp... I'm pretty sure these pumps are good for atleast 800rwhp on e85, so if you don't plan on pushing that much there is no need to run 3 of them

Last edited:

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
I have two of them now. I cant get a damn tripple hat anymore. I guss I will see what I can do with two. I think now they can do 800rwhp easy.

Yaadman_GT

Yaadman_GT
Established Member
I will be running 3 of these on E85 w/160lb (Low Z) Alan Kennedy Billet Injectors. The way I will be running them however is 1 on all the time and the other 2 coming on at 1psi. So as soon as the car sees boost, the other 2 will be in to assist with the extra fuel demands.

This will all be done through an Aux Output on the FAST XFI. It is a TPS/MAP Output where I have it at 10% TPS to basically activate the output and then the 1 psi that the MAP sees to activate the GND going to the secondary pumps relays.

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

SHOTIME2669

CSVT#49
Established Member
Helluva nice looking setup there.

I just picked up the same pump. I'm only going to be running 600bhp so the single one on E85 should be enough. I'll be running Injector Dynamic 1000cc injectors on my setup though.

Last edited:

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
Ihave a gt pump fore hat I got to get these to work in it. I wont try for a week or two and I will let you know.

Teej281

Established Member
Helluva nice looking setup there.

I just picked up the same pump. I'm only going to be running 600bhp so the single one on E85 should be enough. I'll be running Injector Dynamic 1000cc injectors on my setup though.

I think you're gonna need 2 for that much power man.

Users who are viewing this thread