AFCO Racing Heat Exchanger

cobrkilrl

Established Member
So several months ago I bought a AFCO Heat Exchanger with dual fans only to find out after reading several posts (mainly on this site) that the wiring harness was defective and several people were having trouble with the wiring harness going bad. I sat on mine debating whether to send it back to Lethal or keep it and try and find out what to do about the wiring harness. Now that summer is here this Arkansas heat is killing the KR with heat soak.
I finally found, through the search engine on this forum, the name to contact at AFCO for a replacement harness. I contacted Krista Beck , customer service manager, through an email about my concerns with putting this on my KR without the upgraded wiring harness. I really didn't think I would get a response from AFCO but I tried anyway. Low and behold, I get an email from Krista July 5 stating to send the unit back to them and they would replace the unit with the upgraded wiring harness. And to top it of, if it had already been installed she would send me a new heat exchanger with wiring upgrade with a credit card number and credit my card as soon as the old heat exchanger was received. Fortunately mine had not been installed and I shipped it back to them.
So on the 10th of July I get a call from Krista stating my heat exchanger had been received and that a new unit with upgraded wiring harness was shipped that same day all at no cost to me. I have owned several Mustangs in the past and have bought many parts from vendors over the years but never have I had a customer service rep call me and tell me my part was on the way. Now that is great customer service.
For you guys/gals in the same predicament as I was do not hesitate to contact this young lady for help. AFCO Racing IMO went out of their way to help a customer and now they have a customer for life. Sorry for the long post but couldn't get my point across with cliff notes. Any of you guys want to cliff note this, please do.

Last edited:

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member
So several months ago I bought a AFCO Heat Exchanger with dual fans only to find out after reading several posts (mainly on this site) that the wiring harness was defective and several people were having trouble with the wiring harness going bad. I sat on mine debating whether to send it back to Lethal or keep it and try and find out what to do about the wiring harness. Now that summer is here this Arkansas heat is killing the KR with heat soak. I finally found, through the search engine on this forum, the name to contact at AFCO for a replacement harness. I contacted Krista Beck , customer service manager, through an email about my concerns with putting this on my KR without the upgraded wiring harness. I really didn't think I would get a response from AFCO but I tried anyway. Low and behold, I get an email from Krista July 5 stating to send the unit back to them and they would replace the unit with the upgraded wiring harness. And to top it of, if it had already been installed she would send me a new heat exchanger with wiring upgrade with a credit card number and credit my card as soon as the old heat exchanger was received. Fortunately mine had not been installed and I shipped it back to them. So on the 10th of July I get a call from Krista stating my heat exchanger had been received and that a new unit with upgraded wiring harness was shipped that same day all at no cost to me. I have owned several Mustangs in the past and have bought many parts from vendors over the years but never have I had a customer service rep call me and tell me my part was on the way. Now that is great customer service. For you guys/gals in the same predicament as I was do not hesitate to contact this young lady for help. AFCO Racing IMO went out of their way to help a customer and now they have a customer for life. Sorry for the long post but couldn't get my point across with cliff notes. Any of you guys want to cliff note this, please do.

I too went through this process with my KR and yes, customer service was right-on. Mine was installed with the old harness that shorted out so they wanted some pictures and so I provided them pics, and my new harness and AFCO t-shirt were delivered in short time. :rolling:

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
I don't have the dual fan heat exchange but did install AFCO's other heat exchange. Ordered it on a monday and got it THE NEXT DAY! Maybe because it didn't have to travel but I thought that shipping was fantastic and install went like a charm

+1 AFCO :)

cobrkilrl

Established Member
fcettner: If you don't mind me asking, how did you arrive at all th HP your showing in your sig. That is just plain outrageous. This is going to be my first mod since the pulley and tune but would like to up the Anny a little. You have got to have a different blower on that beast. Just asking from one KR owner to another.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
fcettner: If you don't mind me asking, how did you arrive at all th HP your showing in your sig. That is just plain outrageous. This is going to be my first mod since the pulley and tune but would like to up the Anny a little. You have got to have a different blower on that beast. Just asking from one KR owner to another.

He's got a kenne bell

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Yep, I also had a similar experience. Mine had been installed for a while and Krista sent me a new harness to replace a burned unit.

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member
He's got a kenne bell

Zak nailed it...KB and LT's and Lund tune.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
They seem to really be standing behind their product. Dealt with another company on a radiator and now I have a nice paper weight that was leaking from day one of the install. Forget to fill out the warranty card so got a nice screw you. Glad I kept the factory radiator or I would have really been heated. Way to go AFCO, might start using their products.

Imatk

Established Member
They seem to really be standing behind their product. Dealt with another company on a radiator and now I have a nice paper weight that was leaking from day one of the install. Forget to fill out the warranty card so got a nice screw you. Glad I kept the factory radiator or I would have really been heated. Way to go AFCO, might start using their products.

Yowza! Which radiator so I know to avoid them :)

Black Sex

Established Member

Im glad your stocker helped you keep your cool ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread